"Pulau Jarak" Pulau Jarak by yinghaw
Pulau Jarak Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 39 photos
Pulau Jarak is located west of Pulau Pangkor. It's around 34km from Lumut, Perak. A boat trip from Tanjung Karang, Selangor to Pulau Jarak will take around 8 hours. The rocky Island itself is very small only 8 hectares. There's basically nothing on the Island except for a lighthouse and trees. Pulau Jarak is also well known to fishing die-hard fans. You'll find a lot of big groupers, jacks, and sail fish around the Island.
This is my second trip to Pulau Jarak. In January 2003, the water clarity was much better we had 15m of visibility.
It was raining the whole week before our trip this time, it affected the water visibility alot. Alot of particles hanging in the water, not really ideal to take underwater photos with this condition.
There was a twister near the Island and I took a shot, can you imagine, Twister in Malaysia? Look at the center of the picture.
- Pros:Food is all around the Island. I mean seafood
- Cons:Water clearity very dependant on wheather.
- In a nutshell:Diving and Fishing fun in one package.
You know if you want to dive in Malaysia during the monsoon season, Pulau Jarak could be the only wise choice. Some said... more travel advice
yinghaw's Related Pages
Pulau Jarak Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pulau Jarak
- Hotels in Pulau Jarak
- Nightlife in Pulau Jarak
- Restaurants in Pulau Jarak
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Jarak
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pulau Jarak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Jarak
Photos in Pulau JarakSee All Photos (13)
Top 5 Pages
- Pulau Dayang Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Layang Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 2 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Jarak Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues