La Paz Transportation Tips by marcelo15 Top 5 Page for this destination
La Paz Transportation: 30 reviews and 20 photos
The buses that go around the city and much bigger than mini buses and the fare is just 1bs. but if you go to the south you may pay a little more. 1.50bs.
maybe is a good option to take this because there are more space for the legs, but you must know very welll your destination. and don`t try to take this one to get to el alto if you go alone...just around the city or to the south side of the city.
The most common way to move in la paz is taking a mini bus...we call like that because they are smaller than normal buses. these kind of buses my take 14 passengers. and the fare is 1.50 bs. as you see is very cheap but the big inconvenient should be that if you are taller i mean, 1.80m or more you may be really, really incofortable.
and of course, you must know very well where are you going to get off....after the trip.
There are some places that don`t have public transportation. so definitely you have to hire the service of a travel agency to get to those places. for example if you want to get to chacaltaya you have to hire a private transport. ask to any travel agency that offer that tour.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (40)
- See All Indegenous music...
- CENTRAL HOTEL...
- See All MIRADOR KILLI KILLI
- See All Arriving in la paz...
- See All Don`t miss the bolivian music and...
marcelo15's Related Pages
La Paz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SIMPLY, THIS..."
- "La Paz - City with a View"
- "A little glimpse of La Paz"
- "La cuenca de La Paz"
- "Getting a little trim in La Paz"
- "Cerca del Cielo"
- "BOLIVIA, POOR COUNTRY WITH A BIG HEART"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Paz
- Hotels in La Paz
- Transportation in La Paz
- Nightlife in La Paz
- Restaurants in La Paz
- Shopping in La Paz
- Warnings and Dangers in La Paz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Paz
- 43 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to La Paz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Paz
Photos in La PazSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copacabana Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potosí Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Machu Picchu Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla del Sol Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (62)
- Valle De La Luna- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Plaza Murillo- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Iglesia San Francisco- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museums- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- La Paz Downtown- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Mercados- 9 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Tiwanaku- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Road To Coroico- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Plaques of Gratitude- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Colonial Architecture- 1 Review, 5 Photos