"SIMPLY, THIS..." Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz by marcelo15
La Paz Travel Guide: 374 reviews and 877 photos
A BIT OF LA PAZ
Well La Paz (3660m)city is one of the highest cities in the world.
it`s the place where congress meets. Some people call the capital of Bolivia. Nothing is more erroneous. It`s important for a foreigner to realize that La Paz is not the capital. The capital of Bolivia is Sucre.
The gateway to La Paz for everyone who travel by bus and plane is El Alto. this city of about 800.000 inhabitants is beautifully situated up to La Paz.
El Alto has narrow streets and poor houses, built by mud and bricks. its climate is always cold because the city is situated at (4100m).
From La Paz you can get mixed climates such as cold, warm and sub tropical. And the most important thing is that the places are not so far! for instance you can feel the altitude you can go to CHACALTAYA (5300m). It only takes 1:30 by jeep.
I can mention so many interesting places but i wanna let you to discover them.
ONE IMPORTANT ADVICE: As soon as you get to La Paz I suggest to drink a cup of COCA TEA, it`ll be very helpful against with SOROJCHE(sickness altitude)
As a matter of fact, almost everyone who lives at the sea level feels the altitude.
When, The captain Alonzo de Mendoza, a Spanish conqueror, was walking around here. he found a quiet and beautiful town called Laja.
At this place he decided to found the city of la paz, under the full name of: Nuestra señora de La Paz. English, (Our Lady of La Paz). in october 20th, 1548.
Actually, this town is not the place where la paz is. all, because not found enough water for the people.
Friends, this is one of the most representative mountains of La Cordillera Real.
In English, the Royal Range Hills of Los Andes.
it`s 6492m. gives to the climbers one of the most spectacular mountains to see + to climb. certainly, i`m not prepared to climb such a big mountain. but i know so many peple that can join you, if you dare it!!!
- Pros:The landscape is really amazing.
- Cons:Sometimes the altitude could be bad for you.
- In a nutshell:Jallalla Chukiago Marka!...(Come on La Paz!)
While you are eating a nice dinner you see a magnificient show of folkloric bolivian dances. All the place is well... more travel advice
- CENTRAL HOTEL...
- See All Normal buses..
- See All Arriving in la paz...
- See All TIAHUANACU
marcelo15's Related Pages
La Paz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SIMPLY, THIS..."
- "La Paz - City with a View"
- "A little glimpse of La Paz"
- "La cuenca de La Paz"
- "Getting a little trim in La Paz"
- "Cerca del Cielo"
- "BOLIVIA, POOR COUNTRY WITH A BIG HEART"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Paz
- Hotels in La Paz
- Transportation in La Paz
- Nightlife in La Paz
- Restaurants in La Paz
- Shopping in La Paz
- Warnings and Dangers in La Paz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Paz
- 43 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to La Paz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Paz
Photos in La PazSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copacabana Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potosí Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Machu Picchu Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla del Sol Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues