"IT COSTS A POTOSI!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Potosí by marcelo15
Potosí Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 351 photos
Potosi, is the highest city in the world 4020 over the sea level.
It has a lot of memories, since the discover of a great amount of silver by an indian named Diego Huallpa, the Rich Mountain, until its decadence.
yeah, this city was the most important city in the world. Some people tell us that Potosi was more crowded than London. also, that the Spanish conquerours found so much silver that they could built a bridge from Potosi to London. Can you believe that?
So this city was be able to support the economy to the other cities of Bolivia.
Mmm... folks what i saw today (02/07/04) was amazing. at the same time it really made me sad. because i had the great change to see how the miners work into the mines. I invite you to see it in my tip of THINGS TO DO. After seeing them working in that conditions, I`m sure that you`ll aprecciate more your job.
Nowadays, Potosi is the poorest city of Bolivia.
The economy from Potosi just keep working from the minerals that still exists (complejo, or complex), also from the little tourists that visit this amazing city.
Potosi, is really interesting, even for me that i`m bolivian. because i saw extraordinary narrow streets very colonial that relive the past. The mountain (Rich Mountain), the Money House. Folks all of this attractions are waiting for you...believe me it won`t let you down.
Latest news:Thanks to a vt friend i `ve just noticed about a wonderful movie about a typical family in POTOSI...from now this is one of my wishes to watch this movie...well i`ll try to get the cd as soon as i can...by the moment i just know the web site. which is: ("THE DEVIL`S MINER").
Yeah, so far this is one of my best meetings that i`ve done. A had the great change to meet Efrain, who guided me when i did the tour of the mines, and also he has worked for eight years in the mines. And of course i enjoyed a lot the tour and his friendship.
Amigo Efrain, i won`t be able to forgive you!!! QUE VIVAS POR MUCHO TIEMPO MI HERMANO!!!
When the miners are into the mine, their divinity is the devil ( better known as el tio). ountside they believe in God as some of us.
This picture was taken into the mine, where you can see a museum as a good attraction.
- Pros:beautiful colonial houses, churches amazing people.
- Cons:what? perhaps the cold, but who cares!!!
- In a nutshell:VIVA MI POTOSI...Defintely i`ll be back!!!!
As the colonial streets, the churches are very beautiful. You know when the Spanish arrive in America they also bring... more travel advice
There are two ways to get to Potosi, the first one is by bus. And the second one is getting by airplane. I really... more travel advice
Written Jun 11, 2008
HIGHLIGHTS OF MY TOUR - part I
Written Jul 12, 2004
HIGHLIGHTS OF MY TOUR part II
marcelo15's Related Pages
Potosí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Potosi and the Fabled Mountain of Silver"
- "Getting more than my fill in Potosi"
- "Potosí (3.977m)"
- "Highest City in the World"
- "IT COSTS A POTOSI!!!"
- "Sumaj Orcko (Magnificent Mountain)"
- "high beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Potosí
- Hotels in Potosí
- Transportation in Potosí
- Nightlife in Potosí
- Restaurants in Potosí
- Shopping in Potosí
- Warnings and Dangers in Potosí
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Potosí
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Potosí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potosí
Photos in PotosíSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copacabana Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potosí Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Machu Picchu Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla del Sol Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues