"EL SALAR DE UYUNI" Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni by marcelo15
Uyuni Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 909 photos
I think that i must write a few words to this magnificient place i`ve ever seen in bolivia.
not in vain, thousand of tourist mainly from overseas, come here to see this place.
I have to say that i had the great chance to be here in 2004. when, i finally decided to visit this place because so many friends told me about it. and guess what??? i was totally stunned!!!
It`s one of the wonders of this world. Not only the salt field, which seems to be a huge white sea. because in the middle of this there is a beautiful island called (ISLA DEL PESCADO) or you can calle it INCAHUASI. In the island you find plenty of cactus very high and you can`t believe how they are over there.
My experience is that as soon as we arrive in the jeep with my fellow travellers while the cook prepared our lunch we had sometime to explore it. Certainly, is really beautiful and awe experience.
Besides the salt field, some cool volcanos and lagunas of colors are waiting for you.
Certainly, i will come back to this place and try to stay longer because i feel to be in such a place you find with yourself.
Don`t forget to go out in the night to see the stairs...they seem to be closer to you, of course, the altitude and the clean air the you breath.
anyway, i certainly recommend you to visit once in your life...in PERU they have the beautiful MACHU PICCHU, which is unique in the world...in BOLIVIA we have THE SALT FIELD OF UYUNI, which is unique as well....
While in the middle of the salt i found the isla INCAHUASI OR ISLA DEL PESCADO...over there i had the chance to screened COME ON UYUNI...hurray finally i`m here...and thanks god i was and will try so hard to get there again....
yeah, when i took the tour of four days i had the great change to meet this excellent people.
they`ve done all their best to enjoy the tour. also because in the first day of the tour i had some pains in my stomach. but they tried to do their best to make me feel better and they did it. after the second day i was really new and we continued shared some info about our countries, some food and it was such a great experience that i`ve had.
A FAMOUS MAN oh, i almost forget, i´ve met to Roy keane twin. He also plays football, but he´s french. (the guy in black. Can you recognize him?)
THANKS A LOT MY FRIENDS, BELIEVE ME I WON`T BE ABLE TO FORGET YOU...
- Pros:great landscapes!!!
- In a nutshell:Viva el salar de Uyuni!!!
UNDER CONSTRUCTION UNDER CONSTRUCTION more travel advice
marcelo15's Related Pages
Uyuni Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uyuni Tour(3.650 m to 4.300m)"
- "Under the table in the Salar de Uyuni"
- "Uyuni and Details for 4WD Tours North and South"
- "The Great Salar and Lagunas Tour"
- "EL SALAR DE UYUNI"
- "Uyuni and surrunding areas"
- "where tourists rules"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uyuni
- Hotels in Uyuni
- Transportation in Uyuni
- Nightlife in Uyuni
- Restaurants in Uyuni
- Shopping in Uyuni
- Warnings and Dangers in Uyuni
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uyuni
- 27 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Uyuni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uyuni
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 43 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copacabana Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potosí Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Machu Picchu Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla del Sol Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues