"EL SALAR DE UYUNI" Top 5 Page for this destination Uyuni by marcelo15

Uyuni Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 909 photos

The most magnificient place i`ve ever seen...

I think that i must write a few words to this magnificient place i`ve ever seen in bolivia.
not in vain, thousand of tourist mainly from overseas, come here to see this place.
I have to say that i had the great chance to be here in 2004. when, i finally decided to visit this place because so many friends told me about it. and guess what??? i was totally stunned!!!
It`s one of the wonders of this world. Not only the salt field, which seems to be a huge white sea. because in the middle of this there is a beautiful island called (ISLA DEL PESCADO) or you can calle it INCAHUASI. In the island you find plenty of cactus very high and you can`t believe how they are over there.
My experience is that as soon as we arrive in the jeep with my fellow travellers while the cook prepared our lunch we had sometime to explore it. Certainly, is really beautiful and awe experience.
Besides the salt field, some cool volcanos and lagunas of colors are waiting for you.
Certainly, i will come back to this place and try to stay longer because i feel to be in such a place you find with yourself.
Don`t forget to go out in the night to see the stairs...they seem to be closer to you, of course, the altitude and the clean air the you breath.
anyway, i certainly recommend you to visit once in your life...in PERU they have the beautiful MACHU PICCHU, which is unique in the world...in BOLIVIA we have THE SALT FIELD OF UYUNI, which is unique as well....

Viva EL SALAR DE UYUNI...

While in the middle of the salt i found the isla INCAHUASI OR ISLA DEL PESCADO...over there i had the chance to screened COME ON UYUNI...hurray finally i`m here...and thanks god i was and will try so hard to get there again....

yeah, when i took the tour of four days i had the great change to meet this excellent people.
they`ve done all their best to enjoy the tour. also because in the first day of the tour i had some pains in my stomach. but they tried to do their best to make me feel better and they did it. after the second day i was really new and we continued shared some info about our countries, some food and it was such a great experience that i`ve had.
A FAMOUS MAN oh, i almost forget, i´ve met to Roy keane twin. He also plays football, but he´s french. (the guy in black. Can you recognize him?)
THANKS A LOT MY FRIENDS, BELIEVE ME I WON`T BE ABLE TO FORGET YOU...

• Pros:great landscapes!!!
  • Cons:¿?
  • In a nutshell:Viva el salar de Uyuni!!!
  • Last visit to Uyuni: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 15, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Great page!

• Strannik's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 12:53 PM

What a wonderful experience! Hopefully to be lived sometime soon. Gracias por publicar y saludos desde las "Tierras Bajas"

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Interesting travel page. Greetings.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Espero poder ver pronto con mis propios ojos el Salar y todas las maravillas que nos has mostrado en tus páginas

• DPando's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 2:01 PM

preciosa pagina!!! y el sitio mas q apetecible....vendre en setiembre/octubre

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 11:01 AM

I would love to visit this place !!!!!! :) Regards.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2006 at 8:15 AM

Me gusta tu página. Espero con placer anticipado leer más.

• B3av's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 4:43 AM

Hi Marcelo, I'm arriving in Uyuni on Tuesday the 11th of April. I understand that trains to Oruro leave at midnight (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning). Is it easy enough to turn up and book a seat? Thanks!

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2005 at 7:54 AM

This is on my hit list of places to visit. I can relate to bus experiences, I had a horrible one in Mexico once.

• utttz's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 5:12 AM

no bolivians in a bolivian hotel? I hope they will close soon!

marcelo15

“"take the chance you wish to see the world"”

Badges & Stats in Uyuni