"Claire's Globetrotting Homepage" Flem2002's Profile
than lazing in the sun in a quiet place with nothing but a pile of good novels and the sound of the ocean lapping at the shore....
If I can't have that, then I like to explore Cities, quirky places and good restaurants, have fun in clubs and bars and theme parks.
Oh, and I adore the great outdoors with trees, woods, forests, nature, wildlife, places to walk, climb, bike...
Basically, I'm happy nearly everywhere except the desert! And I hate the hassle you get being blonde and female in some countries. No more said.
I've only just started to build my travel pages, but I hope to build up a varied mix of the exotic and the British in due course! The challenge is to build pages for my past travels at a rate that exceeds my future travels ... so far I'm not succeeding!
My first holiday abroad was to Mallorca when I was about 5 years old, and I don't remember much about it. I never had many foreign holidays growing up, mainly because me parents were self employed but we did go off in our caravan around Britain whnever we could.
I've made up for it since becoming an adult and my most recent travels include:
1996 - Got married in Jamaica
1997 - Boston, New England and New York
1998 - Mallorca
1999 - Miami, Venezuela, Boston
2000 - Amsterdam, Barcelona
2001 - Bahamas, Madrid
2002 - Venice, Boston and New England again!
2003 - Antigua, Malaga
2004 - Formentera, Miami and Florida
2005 - Milan, Argentina, Uruguay, French Riviera, Malta
2006 - Paris, Maldives, New York
2007 - Agadir (Morocco), Devon (Hen weekend), Cornwall (seeing friends) and a cycle ride across the north of England (174 miles!) In September I enjoyed a week in Italy (attended a wedding in Venice then spent a week at Lake Garda) and I finished off the year by visiting Belfast for the first time and visiting my sister in Scotland.
2008 - Didn't go anywhere! We had a hectic year moving house, then I had a trip planned to Australia but fell ill and had to cancel.
2009 - Tried out our first cruise experience in September - from Barcelona, to Malta, up the West side of Italy (calling at Naples, Civitavecchia for Rome, Livorno) then to Cannes and back to Barcelona. We loved cruising - it was the perfect way to dip into places for the day that we swouldn't have otherwise visited.
2010 - Visited my friend in Brussels, and had a day trip to Bruges.
I am concerned about Climate Change so am making an effort to curb my international flying and see more of Britain instead... so far it's working and I'm beginning to appreciate that we have a lot of gorgeous green countryside to be explored right here.
However, my brother now lives in Brisbane, Australia, so 2010's main trip is a biggie to see as much of East Coast Oz as possible! Sydney, Gold coast, Whitsundays, Noosa, Fraser Island and Brisbane... here we come. Only wish I had longer than 3 weeks.
I ran the Edinburgh half marathon in March 2008. I am rubbish at running, so it was a real challenge for me, but I kept going and resisted the temptation to walk! To add to my motivation, I got sponsorship for Leaukaemia Research - and thanks to the generosity of my friends and family, raised over £350. I ran the Robin Hood half marathon in September 2008, but failed to beat my time by about 30 seconds. How gutting!
In March 2010 I completed the world's first Kilomathon (26km) - just over 16 miles. It all started to hurt around the halfway mark and I decided I really don't enjoy long distance running, and maybe should stick to 10ks in future!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 43 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Posted in Travel Hamilton Island Forum "When to book?"
updated their Profile Page "Claire's Globetrotting Homepage"
- Commented on one of maykal's Civitavecchia travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Claire's Globetrotting Homepage"
- created a Nice Travel Page "Nice Nice!"
- Wrote a Review Visit the Casa Pueblo in Punta del Este Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Argentina Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Nottingham Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Scotland Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Maldives Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Florida Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos