"STARA PLANINA MOUNTAIN" Stara Planina by peter_dimov
Stara Planina Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 32 photos
Like a great snake it divides Bulgaria to two parts... It cuts through from west to east and reaches the Black sea.
The National park "Central Balkan" has received PAN Parks certificate for the year of 2005.
This mountain shows footprints from the whole Bulgarian history. Here happened many great battles and there are many monuments in different parts of the Balkan, as it was called earlier.
This is the name of a trip from the western to the eastern border of Bulgaria - a yearly trip over the mountain peaks.
There are several high waterfalls in different parts of Stara planina. Most of them are easy to reach by... more travel advice
The transportation in Stara planina during the winter can be tough. Many of the transport routes are blocked or closed.... more travel advice
Written Aug 29, 2006
In and around Stara planina
Written Sep 13, 2006
In and around Stara planina - 2
peter_dimov's Related Pages
Stara Planina Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Stara Planina
- Hotels in Stara Planina
- Transportation in Stara Planina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stara Planina
- 8 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Stara Planina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stara Planina
Photos in Stara PlaninaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Apriltsi Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stara Planina Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liberec Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sofia Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Troyan Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Zemen Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lakatnik Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bansko Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rila Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue