"The resort town of Apriltsi" Apriltsi by peter_dimov
Apriltsi Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 31 photos
I am so lucky to have a father from Apriltsi and my family has a house in the town. So I go there three or four times a year. I may say that nowadays people from all parts of Bulgaria and also from foreign countries come to Apriltsi and, because they like it so much, they want to buy a house there so that they would be able to come for having leisure every year.
Sredna Stara Planina is one of the best places in Bulgaria where people could stay for a whole month. This mountain is a marvelous view and also is not crowded - a problem that exists for Vitosha and Borovets for example. But you have not to go too far in the mountain if you just want to spend your weekend in a quiet and nice place - you can find a place like this in all parts of Apriltsi and some 500 m outside it.
Apriltsi is a perfect place for all kinds of tourism (except sea and water sports). It combines the traditional Bulgarian architecture from 19th and 20th century and the new and improving tourist infrastructure. Situated at the north slopes of Stara planina, it lies in a valley with mountains all arround. This provides spectacular landscapes at each side your eyes turn.
The city of Apriltsi was originally found in 1976 - 100 years after the historical April uprising in 1876 when the Bulgarians were trying to free themselves from the Turks. Here was proclaimed the first republic in Bulgaria. It, however, was totally crushed by the Turks after nine days.
100 years after that the four villages that had taken part in the uprising and the republic were joined in one city named Apriltsi - for people should always remember the heroic history of the region.
Today, because of the lack of employment in Apriltsi, many native people have left the town. It is very sad when you see whole parts of the town where noone lives. But thanks to the tourism, people go back to begin their private business here. To survive, Apriltsi began to develop as a tourist resort and we all hope that it will pass the problem of the getting-old population.
- Pros:A very nice place near the mountain with all a tourist would need
- Cons:Still has no well developed industry and depends on nearby cities
- In a nutshell:The land God chose for his beloved closest followers (Marko Semov)
According to different information the Turkish laws during the Turk occupation of Bulgaria permitted building of very... more travel advice
- General information
- A refreshing stop
- Do not be confused about disco clubs in...
- General information
peter_dimov's Related Pages
Apriltsi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Apriltsi
- Transportation in Apriltsi
- Restaurants in Apriltsi
- Shopping in Apriltsi
- Warnings and Dangers in Apriltsi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Apriltsi
- 13 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Apriltsi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apriltsi
Photos in ApriltsiSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Apriltsi Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stara Planina Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liberec Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sofia Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Troyan Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Zemen Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lakatnik Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bansko Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rila Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue