"Troyan - back in tourism" Troyan by peter_dimov
Troyan Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 45 photos
Troyan is a quiet and green town near Stara planina mountain range in the heart of Bulgaria. Troyan and Apriltsi form a new tourist area officialy promoted in the summer of 2003 but tourist activities are developed there earlier. Troyan combines both the traditional places from 19th century and the developing business and industrial heart of the microregion.
Troyan is a resort from early 20th century and now it has become a famous destination again.
Troyan has three different faces of his own because each historical period has left his marks in the city landscape. From 19th and early 20th century remain the traditional Bulgarian houses being built according to the local type of structure with stone roofs and wooden columns holding the whole building. From the communist period in Bulgarian history are the center of the town and most of the buildings near it which have their own style. The new buildings and structures from nowadays proove that the city developes and has many abilities. Here comes in the new tourist infrastructure of the city.
Troyan is one of the few cities quickly developing in Bulgaria. The city finds its future in tourism and industry, which hasn't much impact on the environment.
Troyan monastery is one of the main historical monuments in the region being also one of the biggest monasteries in Bulgaria. It was found in 16th century and has remarkable architectureq wood-carvings and frescoes. As a monastery it has been the literary and revolutionary centre during the Turk occupation in Bulgaria.
- Pros:Has all you need in your trip
- Cons:I really don't see any con's
- In a nutshell:Just go there.
This is a great opportunity to see the picturesque nature in this area. According to the weather and the season... more travel advice
The hotel opened in 14th January. I still haven't visited it. It's the best accomodation intown. more travel advice
peter_dimov's Related Pages
Troyan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Troyan - back in tourism"
- "TROYAN - SMALL BUT COMPACT"
- "A Mountain Vista"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troyan
- Hotels in Troyan
- Transportation in Troyan
- Restaurants in Troyan
- Shopping in Troyan
- Warnings and Dangers in Troyan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troyan
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Troyan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troyan
Photos in TroyanSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Apriltsi Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stara Planina Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liberec Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sofia Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Troyan Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Zemen Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lakatnik Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bansko Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rila Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue