Funchal Favorite Tips by ettenaj Top 5 Page for this destination
Funchal Favorites: 37 reviews and 44 photos
Favorite thing: It really does not matter if you are a gardener or not, I think everyone would appreciate the gardens in Madiera, they are a definate thing to see whilst visiting the island.
Favorite thing: The Christmas lights are fantastic in Funchal, and also the Nativity Scenes are very nicely presented
Fondest memory: Seeing a live Nativity scene with real aminals
Favorite thing: I always thought that Maderia was for the older generation, and the prospect of going made me think that I was getting old, rubbish she says, yes there are many fabulous gardens to sit in and watch the world go by, but there are plenty of shops, bars , cafes and even a casino, we went just after Christmas and the decorations were still up, they were great, its a must for any age, I cant wait to go back. Just one thing it is rather hilly, but not in the centre.
Fondest memory: Watching the Oriana dock..............WOW what a sight with its 14 decks it was awesome.
Also the live Nativity Scenes, with lambs and donkeys and lots of other animals, you just wouldnt get that in the UK Brilliant.
More Reviews (36)
- See All Me in Santana
- See All Cliffs
- See All The roads
- See All The Beatles Boat
- See All Madeiran Music
- See All Savoy
ettenaj's Related Pages
Funchal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Funchal - You can feel nature all around you"
- "Funchal Impressions"
- "Fabulous Funchal"
- "Amphitheatre around a beautiful bay."
- "Funchal - Madeira the Flower Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Funchal
- Hotels in Funchal
- Transportation in Funchal
- Nightlife in Funchal
- Restaurants in Funchal
- Shopping in Funchal
- Warnings and Dangers in Funchal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Funchal
- 39 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Funchal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Funchal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 42 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Funchal Intro, 39 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolton Intro, 33 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mayrhofen Intro, 35 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 30 reviews, 34 photos
- Paris Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wexford Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Brühl Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos