"Somewhere around Kota Tinggi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Tinggi by ahcoln
Kota Tinggi Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 231 photos
Just a day trip. Please read my little tips on things to do in Kota Tinggi & Desaru.
One of Johor's noted natural attraction, the Kota Tinggi Waterfall is a great favourite among the locals. Originating from the top of Gunung Panti, the waterfall cascades down the rock face some 34 metres into a small pool below. Kota Tinggi Waterfall can get busy especially during the weekends. In the vicinity of the falls is Gunung Muntahak (634m) which poses an interesting two to three hours' trek to the summit. This waterfall is a popular stopover for locals and foreign tourists on their way to Desaru beach. Facilities available here includes modern chalets, camping sites and food stalls.
Twenty-five kilometres of white, sandy beach and lush tropical greenery makes up Desaru - the most popular beach in Johor. Located 98km north east of Johor Bahru, Desaru, or also known as the 'Village of Casuarinas', was developed by the South Johor Development Authority (KEJORA) to boost tourism industry in Johor. Desaru is a great destination for family vacation as it offers a variety of activities for the whole family including swimming, fishing, snorkelling, canoeing, horse riding, jungle trekking, go-carting, golfing and windsurfing. Regarded as Johor's 'gold mine', Desaru is equipped with a wide range of facilities and several up-market resorts, each with its own individual character. An 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. makes Desaru a well-known destination among golfers. Apart from first-class hotels and resorts, other accommodations available in Desaru include chalets, dormitories and camping facilities for those looking for a back-to-nature experience. Facilities at the beachfront include picnic grounds, restaurants, food outlets and souvenir shops.
You can take up some of the package offer from the hotel. Hotel Pulai is the one provide those package. The package will... more travel advice
I stayed in this hotel during my visit to Desaru. The room was cleaned but not well-maintained. It was RM250 (breakfast... more travel advice
ahcoln's Related Pages
Kota Tinggi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JOHOR'S BEAUTIFUL EAST COAST - KOTA TINGGI"
- "Relax,Refresh and Rediscover"
- "Kota Tinggi"
- "Somewhere around Kota Tinggi"
- "Kota Tinggi & Desaru Beach"
- "Kota Tinggi"
- "Hidden treasures in the Kota Tinggi district"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Tinggi
- Hotels in Kota Tinggi
- Transportation in Kota Tinggi
- Restaurants in Kota Tinggi
- Shopping in Kota Tinggi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Tinggi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kota Tinggi
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kota Tinggi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Tinggi
Photos in Kota TinggiSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Tinggi Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 1 photo
- Auckland Intro, 1 photo
- Christchurch Intro, 1 photo