"Hello All !!" Karen10019's Profile

Dancing around the world

I have been lucky enough to visit a few places over the last few years. My first trip was to Cyprus. My boyfriend at the time was stationed in Iraq as part of Hans Blix’s UN weapons inspections. If I wanted to see my boyfriend I had to get to him. As I was clearly not allowed in Iraq, we would meet in Cyprus. That was the jumping point for the UN weapons inspectors, at that time. I was scared and had never quite “figured out” how to travel internationally by myself. That crazy man helped me learn the process of travel.

This crazy man is long gone, but the addiction to travel has outlived our relationship. I make an effort to travel every few months now. In 2003 it was the UK,Greece, Cyprus, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

2004 was Morocco, Greece and Germany

2005, I lived in Greece and visited Turkey, The Uk and Cyprus again.

2006 - I stayed in North America - working to save lots of money and to work on new choreographies
2007 ...welll... I was mostly working this year, but it was all good as it was in my profession as a dancer!
2008... I am very excited about this year. I became the OUtreach Director for Dance Parade NYC www.dancepaade.org met over 4000 dancers to participate in a dance parade and festival.

In June, I left to europe where I went to Rome, Athens for the CID UNESCO world congress on Dance www.cid-unesco.org, I then went to the Island of Samos and then Kusadasi , Turkey

2009 - I am currently working on Our next DANCE PARADE and the next one is Saturday, May 16, 2009 - you can register to dance in the parade or come to watch the free public festival where some of the best dancers in the world will show off there skills www.danceparade.org

After which, I will go Straight to Ireland into County Sligo, Off to Leiceister UK for CORD dance conference, then to Athens for the CID UNESCO dance ongress, , off to Mykonos to Paradise beach, a quick trip to Turkey, then off to Northern France ( Alsace ), and finaly to Ibiza for my Birthday Party ( see face book for the details of that)

If you are fun person, We hope to ee you at any of the dance places.

YES.. I am a dancer and that is my passion, so is travel and meeting people.

just an extra. EXTRA side thought. I study dancers. [ I am Dance curator] [ ?What the hell... does that mean?].
if you know of ANYTHING happening that is dance related.. send me an email... i'll be there if I can!

• Intro Updated Nov 16, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!