"A FLYING VISIT TO BRUSSELS." Brussels by GrantBoone

Brussels Travel Guide: 5,656 reviews and 11,977 photos

IN SEARCH OF THE MANNEKIN PIS.!

Belgium, a much overlooked country for many travellers but has some beautiful cities. On our Europe journey in 1993 we stopped briefly in Brussels on our way to the port of Ostende and ferry back home. Then in 97 I returned to have a weekend in the Belgian capital.

Brussels in 1997.

I got to see most of what Brussels had to offer in a weekend. Great bars and restaurants were everywhere and the Grand place is well worth a visit.

• Last visit to Brussels: Mar 1997
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2011

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 5:42 AM

We searched for the Manikin Pis, nearly missed it. Did not realise how small it was. Visited Brussels in the mid '80's...that Atomium is rather shabby, well it was back then.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Nice page. The mini-Europe looks cool. Cheers from New Jersey, Bill

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 6:29 AM

Belgium is overlooked - and then you visited mini-Europe. lol. ;-) (I got another type of vt'er for your list on the homepage - the show-offs. )

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 2:11 AM

1993! been quite some time. pre-digital camera-period :) You don't live that far, will be easy to hop over & visit some more places of interest ! p.s. want to buy a panel of the Atomium? they are for sale for a mere 1000 Euro's each! as room decoration `)

• Polly74's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 5:06 AM

Nice tips!!! DId you try mussels and french fries?? ;-)

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 2:50 PM

Grand Place is a beautiful sight. I wasn't able to visit Mini Europe though-looks realistic!

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2004 at 5:21 AM

I think the Mini Europe is a cool place , at least you get to see from a bird's eye view of all the huge cathedral and castles...but where is Mannekin Pis ? Hope I get to visit this place towards the end of my journey :-)

• LysDor's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 4:12 AM

I've visited the whole city so many times BUT the ONLY place I haven't been in Brussels in Mini-Europe,lol!

• Hanau93's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 2:31 PM

I always wanted to see the atomium! Lucky you!! Your title is sure interesting :):)

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 5:47 AM

Brussels has some really beautiful places, and Mini Europe is worth the visit, isn´t it? Nice page! Thanks for your visit on my page

GrantBoone

“The great thing about virtualtourist is you can quote something and totally make up the source .(Lenin 1917)”

Badges & Stats in Brussels

Have you been to Brussels?

Latest Activity in Brussels