"THE LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING -" Ealing by GrantBoone

Ealing Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 175 photos

Suburban Ealing

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok , so it should really be called my hometown as I live and work in Ealing now, but as I lived all my life in Hemel Hempstead Im still claiming that as my Hometown!! But , with constant pressure from VT friends to build an Ealing page I have decided to give in and make a start. ..........

Ive lived here since 1996 having been attracted to the fact that Ealing , although only a half hour tube ride from the centre of London , is nicely situated from the hustle and bustle of the city itself ( and more to the point , my wife lived here !)
There is plenty to do in Ealing and its surrounding towns which make up the Borough.Ealing has many parks and open spaces , good transport links to Heathrow airport and the sights of the West End and city .
My Ealing page will develop over the next few weeks..........

The Grand Union Canal , Hanwell

I live in the Western part of Ealing , known as Hanwell, and I'm fortunate enough to have this view cycling on my way home from work every evening. The Hanwell Flight on the Grand Union Canal is a scheduled ancient monument which raises the canal by 53 ft over a third of a mile with a series of six locks. There are more photos on my Hanwell page.

Parks and open spaces

This is Elthorne park , one of the many green spaces in Ealing.Other parks in the area include Walpole , Lammas , The Bunny park and Dean Gardens.

• Last visit to Ealing: Jan 2014
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2014

• Oct 28, 2005 at 4:21 PM

I love Ealing - I lived there for about a year - great place.. :o) ~mette~

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 8:13 PM

I am giving away my age, but yes I have heard of Alec Guiness. It is because I liked his name so much that my son's middle name is Alec.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 8:00 AM

Ealing is one of the best suburbs in London, I love it! Love the old pic of Ealing, very interesting to see how it looked way back then.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 11:19 AM

.......how funny...... I live in Ealing too!!

• arv1's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2004 at 12:23 PM

I never noticed that...excellent! Something to see! :D

GrantBoone

“The great thing about virtualtourist is you can quote something and totally make up the source .(Lenin 1917)”

Badges & Stats in Ealing