"Bergen" Bergen by Hildeal
Bergen Travel Guide: 945 reviews and 2,380 photos
If I ever were to live in any other city than Oslo I would definately go for this town. 7 hours with train or 45 minutes with airplane,then you're there.
So why do I love this town?
I love narrow alleys, steep slopes and filled with scobblestones. The center of the town is very compact,it's nice and cosy, and I get the associations with some kind of fairy tale. In a way it also reminds me of San fransisco with their cable cars.
Compared to oslo this is a very tiny version which has kept the same style all over town, and not to mention, the city and the streets are very clean.
And while you're there you should spend some time on Bryggen, the harbour, enjoy your fish and chips and look at the big lobsters in the tank.
Another must for visitors is Mount fløyen. The whole ride with the funicular takes 6 minutes. On the top you have this magnificant view of Bergen, a great place for photographers.
Bergen was founded in 1070 AD by Olav Kyrre, king of Norway
Towards the end of the fourteenth century Bergen was the centre of trade for all of Norway. On the east shore of Vaagen, the hanseatic merchants lived in their own separate quarter of the city. This area is now on UNESCO’s list as a world heritage site.
- Pros:a lot of culture, beautiful buildings
- Cons:can't think of any
- In a nutshell:interesting town
Every town has its local meeting place. In Bergen this meeting town is called the blue stone. The nine meters long... more travel advice
i arrived in Bergen close to midnight , after I did the mistake of not knowing that I needed to change Bus somewhere on... more travel advice
Hildeal's Related Pages
Bergen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bergen - The city between the seven mountains"
- "The sunshine city of blue sky, blue sea, blue eyes"
- "Bergen in Norway"
- "The Fjord' Capital City"
- "City of rain and some nice benches"
- "Welcome to the land of the Vikings!"
- "Bergen in Fall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergen
- Hotels in Bergen
- Transportation in Bergen
- Nightlife in Bergen
- Restaurants in Bergen
- Shopping in Bergen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bergen
- 13 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bergen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergen
Photos in BergenSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 134 reviews, 389 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ålesund Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oppland Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sandefjord Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Geiranger Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tartu Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kristiansand Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hemsedal Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos