"A weekend in Trondheim" Trondheim by Hildeal
Trondheim Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 1,014 photos
I visited Trondheim as a part of a chat group meeting for crazy people like me,)
My train arrived in Trondheim at 10.30PM, and it was getting dark. I could not find the youth hostel and not a single person was in sight. And I could not call for a taxi, when I didn’t know where I was. The only people I saw were all new residents, and had never heard about the hostel. So I finally arrived there at 11.50 , and got myself a dark room, which I thought was sharing with some other sleeping visitors. So in the middle of the night the light was turned by some loudly German girls, who did not know that they had a new roommate, during the late hours they were out.
I spent two days in Trondheim: I saw the Nidaros Cathedral, joined some activities in the University day’s festival, and eat at Tyholt tower, stretching 120 meters (400ft) into the sky.
The name Trondheim originally meant: “home of the strong and the fertil ones” in Norse language ?
The city was founded by Viking King Olav Tryggvason in AD997
It was the nation’s first capital.
The city was and still is a popular destination for pilgrims?
Every sixth inhabitants is a student
•They have a bicycle lift called “Trampe”
it has been said to be the first lift of it's kind. unfortunatly I newer got to see the lift in action. more travel advice
The special things about this restaurant is that it's in the top of a towel that rotates! A perfect place to see... more travel advice
Hildeal's Related Pages
Trondheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Trondheim"
- "Norway's First Capital, Trondhjem"
- "The anciest Norway's Capital"
- "Trondheim - Under construction"
- "Trondheim - A visit on historical ground"
- "The city where I studied"
- "Nidaros - Historical capital of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trondheim
- Hotels in Trondheim
- Transportation in Trondheim
- Nightlife in Trondheim
- Restaurants in Trondheim
- Shopping in Trondheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Trondheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trondheim
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Trondheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trondheim
Photos in TrondheimSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 134 reviews, 389 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ålesund Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oppland Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sandefjord Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergen Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Geiranger Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tartu Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kristiansand Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hemsedal Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (48)
Latest Trondheim hotel reviews
- Clarion Collection Hotel Grand Olav
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Quality Hotel Augustin Trondheim
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Fru Scholler Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2012
- Trondheim Youth hostel AS
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2012
- Sandmoen Motell og Camping
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 27, 2012
- Rica Travel Hotel Vaernes
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Scandic Hotel Prinsen
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2012
- Scandic Solsiden Trondheim
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Nova Hotel Trondheim
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2012
- Rica Nidelven Hotel
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Best Western Chesterfield Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Britannia Hotel Trondheim
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 14, 2012
- Thon Trondheim Hotel
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Clarion Collection Bakeriet
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013