"A weekend in Trondheim" Trondheim by Hildeal
Trondheim Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 999 photos
I visited Trondheim as a part of a chat group meeting for crazy people like me,)
My train arrived in Trondheim at 10.30PM, and it was getting dark. I could not find the youth hostel and not a single person was in sight. And I could not call for a taxi, when I didn’t know where I was. The only people I saw were all new residents, and had never heard about the hostel. So I finally arrived there at 11.50 , and got myself a dark room, which I thought was sharing with some other sleeping visitors. So in the middle of the night the light was turned by some loudly German girls, who did not know that they had a new roommate, during the late hours they were out.
I spent two days in Trondheim: I saw the Nidaros Cathedral, joined some activities in the University day’s festival, and eat at Tyholt tower, stretching 120 meters (400ft) into the sky.
The name Trondheim originally meant: “home of the strong and the fertil ones” in Norse language ?
The city was founded by Viking King Olav Tryggvason in AD997
It was the nation’s first capital.
The city was and still is a popular destination for pilgrims?
Every sixth inhabitants is a student
•They have a bicycle lift called “Trampe”
it has been said to be the first lift of it's kind. unfortunatly I newer got to see the lift in action. more travel advice
The special things about this restaurant is that it's in the top of a tower that rotates! A perfect place to see... more travel advice
Hildeal's Related Pages
Trondheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Trondheim"
- "Norway's First Capital, Trondhjem"
- "The anciest Norway's Capital"
- "The city where I studied"
- "Trondheim - A visit on historical ground"
- "Nidaros - Historical capital of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trondheim
- Hotels in Trondheim
- Transportation in Trondheim
- Nightlife in Trondheim
- Restaurants in Trondheim
- Shopping in Trondheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Trondheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trondheim
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Trondheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trondheim
- Commented on one of Hildeal's Trondheim tips
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: need another place to stay in..."
- updated a Trondheim Travel Page "A weekend in Trondheim"
- Wrote a Review Trampe : a bycycle lift! about The bicyckle lift Trampe in Trondheim Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Trampe : a bycycle lift!"
Photos in TrondheimSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 135 reviews, 392 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ålesund Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oppland Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sandefjord Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bergen Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Geiranger Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tartu Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kristiansand Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hemsedal Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos