"A weekend in Trondheim" Trondheim by Hildeal

Trondheim Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 999 photos

Trondheim, the first capital of Norway

I visited Trondheim as a part of a chat group meeting for crazy people like me,)

My train arrived in Trondheim at 10.30PM, and it was getting dark. I could not find the youth hostel and not a single person was in sight. And I could not call for a taxi, when I didn’t know where I was. The only people I saw were all new residents, and had never heard about the hostel. So I finally arrived there at 11.50 , and got myself a dark room, which I thought was sharing with some other sleeping visitors. So in the middle of the night the light was turned by some loudly German girls, who did not know that they had a new roommate, during the late hours they were out.

I spent two days in Trondheim: I saw the Nidaros Cathedral, joined some activities in the University day’s festival, and eat at Tyholt tower, stretching 120 meters (400ft) into the sky.

Did you know that

The name Trondheim originally meant: “home of the strong and the fertil ones” in Norse language ?

The city was founded by Viking King Olav Tryggvason in AD997

It was the nation’s first capital.

The city was and still is a popular destination for pilgrims?

Every sixth inhabitants is a student
•They have a bicycle lift called “Trampe”

Page is under construction

• Last visit to Trondheim: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2012

Hildeal

“"Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible "”

Badges & Stats in Trondheim

Have you been to Trondheim?

Latest Activity in Trondheim