"welcome to the world of Hilde" Hildeal's Profile

Hilde's beautiful little world

IT'S THE DREAM

it's the dream we carry in secret

that something miraculous will happen

that must happen --

that time will open

that the heart will open

that springs will gush --

that the dream will open

that one morning we will glide into

some harbor we didn't know was there

Olav Hauge
English translation

I ‘have been here in VT since 2003; I better start introducing myself.
Some facts about me :

My name is Hilde/a (I respond to both name variants :). I’m a 31 year old special need teacher. At the moment I teach Norwegian and basic digital knowledge to non-Norwegian speakers, and I have realized, just how difficult and how much efforts that needs to take place to learn a new difficult language.

Just to stimulate my brain I study Russian., besides from that I master Norwegian sign language. I'm very interested in psychology, science and social anthropology.

I’m an animal person. I want to see whales and elephants, and ride horses. I really wish to see the elephant orphanage in Kenya.

Like all other VT’ers I love travelling. I haven’t been able to travel much in the last year, due to a low budget, but I’m really hoping to complete some of my dreams this year.

I haven't been to a single VT meeting.

I have been on the back side of the moon 7 times! ( or in another words anesthesia). My surgeries the last years have brought me there. It’s an interesting place !

I absolutely hate licorice! it shouldn’t be allowed to be candy.

I’m really fascinated by strange and remote destinations. I want to be an explorer and I’m not a fan of charter vacation. So before I settle down with a husband, kids and mortages, I want to visit:

Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Kamchatka (Russia) and look at the Volcanos. Anadyr where the world stops and Provideniya, simply because it’s so remote that it’s fascinating.

Ascension Island in the south Atlantic. Just because it’s remote and it just looks like something from a fairy tale.

The loneliest island in the world: Tristan da Cunha.

The Falkland Islands (better visit this place before a new war takes place ;)

Oslo my home town

Visit my oslo page, the capital of Norway
A rich page with just about EVERYTHING you need to know before coming to Oslo , including a family guide, budget guide, allergy guide and large collection of local custom tips. I was Barney nominated some years ago.

sailing with a tall ship

i had this amazing opportunity to make an international voyage as a trainee on board the tall ship "Sørlandet".

Read more about the trip in my Kristiansand page

beautiful Valdres

I visit Valdres every year. I just can't get enough of this place.

visiting Lodz in Poland

I had the opportunity to go to Poland in 2002 when my theatre group was invited to a theater festival. in Wodz . Poland is a very exiting country with friendly people everywhere.Even though practising for the theatre play took most of the our time I'm glad I got the possibility to visit a city like Lodz

Estonia

Some years ago I was working in a scandinavian congres which was held in Karikuu, Estonia. In Estonia I also visitet Tartu and Tallin. Tartu is my favourite city.

Ålesund

An other beautiful city with quite a dramatic history to tell.

Yahoo I spent two weeks there in 2007 and 2008

Geiranger

Geiranger is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. From or cabin on the mountain we saw cruse ship passing by.

• Intro Updated Jun 7, 2012

• katamorgana's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Hi Hilde, I have found a few interesting articles about Norway customs on your pages. I am thinking about visiting Your country this Summer and your pages are good source of info for me.

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Missed VT for a few days, I hope it is not too late to wish you Happy Birthday. Most important, happy everyday.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday Hilde. Hope it's a good one!

• Hildeal's Profile Photo
      Dec 4, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Thank's for you congratulation, 3 is my favourite number, så let's hope it's going to be a fabulous year:)

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Hilde,have a fantastic birthday today ! Best wishes,Ketan.

• hsm's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Hi Hilde,
    All the best for the big day. Enjoy.
    Cheers
    Harj

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Happy Birthday and Happy Travels, Hilde!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Hello my friend Hilde, warm greeting for 2013 new year, wish you all the best in health and wealth to keep on happy life.

• janvanommen's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Sorry for being late, but i wish you à healthy and
    a year full of many travels.
    Jan
    À year

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Happy birthday from the City of Lights, Hide. H.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Hildeal's Profile Photo

Hildeal

“"Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible "”

Real Name