"welcome to the world of Hilde" Hildeal's Profile
IT'S THE DREAM
it's the dream we carry in secret
that something miraculous will happen
that must happen --
that time will open
that the heart will open
that springs will gush --
that the dream will open
that one morning we will glide into
some harbor we didn't know was there
I ‘have been here in VT since 2003; I better start introducing myself.
Some facts about me :
My name is Hilde/a (I respond to both name variants :). I’m a 31 year old special need teacher. At the moment I teach Norwegian and basic digital knowledge to non-Norwegian speakers, and I have realized, just how difficult and how much efforts that needs to take place to learn a new difficult language.
Just to stimulate my brain I study Russian., besides from that I master Norwegian sign language. I'm very interested in psychology, science and social anthropology.
I’m an animal person. I want to see whales and elephants, and ride horses. I really wish to see the elephant orphanage in Kenya.
Like all other VT’ers I love travelling. I haven’t been able to travel much in the last year, due to a low budget, but I’m really hoping to complete some of my dreams this year.
I haven't been to a single VT meeting.
I have been on the back side of the moon 7 times! ( or in another words anesthesia). My surgeries the last years have brought me there. It’s an interesting place !
I absolutely hate licorice! it shouldn’t be allowed to be candy.
I’m really fascinated by strange and remote destinations. I want to be an explorer and I’m not a fan of charter vacation. So before I settle down with a husband, kids and mortages, I want to visit:
Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Kamchatka (Russia) and look at the Volcanos. Anadyr where the world stops and Provideniya, simply because it’s so remote that it’s fascinating.
Ascension Island in the south Atlantic. Just because it’s remote and it just looks like something from a fairy tale.
The loneliest island in the world: Tristan da Cunha.
The Falkland Islands (better visit this place before a new war takes place ;)
Visit my oslo page, the capital of Norway
A rich page with just about EVERYTHING you need to know before coming to Oslo , including a family guide, budget guide, allergy guide and large collection of local custom tips. I was Barney nominated some years ago.
i had this amazing opportunity to make an international voyage as a trainee on board the tall ship "Sørlandet".
Read more about the trip in my Kristiansand page
I visit Valdres every year. I just can't get enough of this place.
I had the opportunity to go to Poland in 2002 when my theatre group was invited to a theater festival. in Wodz . Poland is a very exiting country with friendly people everywhere.Even though practising for the theatre play took most of the our time I'm glad I got the possibility to visit a city like Lodz
Some years ago I was working in a scandinavian congres which was held in Karikuu, Estonia. In Estonia I also visitet Tartu and Tallin. Tartu is my favourite city.
An other beautiful city with quite a dramatic history to tell.
Yahoo I spent two weeks there in 2007 and 2008
Geiranger is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. From or cabin on the mountain we saw cruse ship passing by.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“"Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible "”
- Member Rank:
- 0 1 0 4 3
- Forum Rank:
- 0 3 9 5 4
- 314 Reviews
- 930 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 314 Reviews
- 930 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Hildeal and Regina1965 are now friends.
- Commented on Hildeal's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "TAKK!"
- Wrote a Review Ostia Antica about Ostia Antica in Rome Things to Do
- created a Rome Travel Page "Rome"
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: need another place to stay in..."
updated their Profile Page "welcome to the world of Hilde"
- Uploaded a Video to Oslo
VideosSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 134 reviews, 389 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ålesund Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oppland Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sandefjord Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergen Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Geiranger Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tartu Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kristiansand Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hemsedal Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos