"The greatest city of Africa" Cairo by belgrade03
Cairo Travel Guide: 3,988 reviews and 9,544 photos
When I arrived to the Cairo International Airport there was an immense crowd, planes landing, people hurrying and shouting looking for someone. They were coming back from Mekkah, Saudi Arabia and that scene was not the usual one in Cairo.
But the crowd in the streets of Cairo is. There are over 20 million people living in the greatest city of Africa, almost one third of the whole Egyptian population. There are cca 3 million cars in Cairo streets nevermind the part of the day.
This was my first trip to Africa, and to Egypt. The 11-day stay in this country of contrasts was full with excitement comprising visiting the Pyramids temples of Kom Ombo, Edfu, Philae, Karnak and Luxor as well as enjoying the Red Sea in Hurghada.
One of my strongest impressions about Cairo is that it is full of contrasts. There are modern buildings, exclusive hotels and in the neighbourhood are the unfinished houses, lots of trash in the streets and other symbols of great poverty all over the city.
Scenes of street contrasts.
- In a nutshell:Country of contrasts
Always expect that you arrive back home BEFORE postcards you sent to your friends. Be happy if they arrive at all. When... more travel advice
I haven't done this but the camel keepers are very aggressive inviting you to ride their camels. Be careful and... more travel advice
belgrade03's Related Pages
Cairo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairo`s yellow pages!"
- "Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
- "CAIRO... still thinking of..."
- "3 decades living in Cairo and yet exploring more"
- "The 4 days were far from enough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairo
- Hotels in Cairo
- Transportation in Cairo
- Nightlife in Cairo
- Restaurants in Cairo
- Shopping in Cairo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairo
- 14 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairo
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgrade Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ohrid Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Sweden Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sombor Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue