"History and Nature Tours All in One!" Nikko by mim95
Nikko Travel Guide: 320 reviews and 989 photos
I spent 4 days in Nikko and the surrounding area in late-summer of 2005. The town of Nikko was very quiet in the early mornings and evenings as many tourists came here only as a day trip. I don't think it's possible to enjoy everything that Nikko can offer in one day. You can barely see the major historical sites in a day. And you'll miss the nature side of Nikko beyond the town center.
Most people come here for the UNESCO world heritage sites. But in addition to history, there are plenty of activities one can do: hiking to the mountain top, getting wet from the waterfalls, walking on natural trails on the highland, soaking in the hot spring, boating on the lake...
-- Currently updating --
- Pros:Rich in history and has beautiful scenery
- In a nutshell:Do not just come here for a day! There is so much to do!
mim95's Related Pages
Nikko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nikko - UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "The Temples of Nikko"
- ""Nikko is Nippon""
- "History and Nature Tours All in One!"
- "Nikko - A World Heritage Site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nikko
- Hotels in Nikko
- Transportation in Nikko
- Restaurants in Nikko
- Shopping in Nikko
- Warnings and Dangers in Nikko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nikko
- 25 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Nikko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nikko
Photos in NikkoSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 79 reviews, 77 photos
- Nikko Intro, 25 reviews, 79 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 35 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Rai Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Montreal Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 19 reviews, 10 photos