"Algonquin...A Paradise...for Moose" Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park by mim95
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 371 photos
Algonquin is about a 3-hour drive northeast of Toronto. It is the third-largest provincial park in Ontario, covering 7725 km2. It is no dobut one of the most popular parks for camping, fishing, hiking, canoeing, and any other outdoor activities that you can think of. There are over 1300 campsites and 3 private lodges if you want to stay in comfort, with the majority of the facilities located along Highway 60, the 2-lane roadway that serves as the one and only major road through the park.
This is my second visit to the park - mainly for wildlife viewing - moose in particular. It's quite easy to spot a moose during this time of year as they tend to stay very close to Hwy 60. The moose are craving for sodium after the long winter, and they can find it from the melting road salt near the ponds and meadows close to the highway. We were there for 3 days and spotted the moose 4 times along Hwy 60 and once while we were on a hiking trail.
The other time we visited the park was in autumn in 2002 to enjoy the fall foilage - with all kinds of colours from yellow to orange to red leaves.
Mizzy Lake is one of the best trails in Algonquin designed for wildlife viewing. We saw a snake and 2 loons along the... more travel advice
Definitely drive within the speed limit. Slow down to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the highway. Algonquin is not a... more travel advice
mim95's Related Pages
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wow, Algonquin Provincial Park! So beautiful!"
- "An Algonquin Teamwork Blueprint"
- "Algonquin...A Paradise...for Moose"
- "True Canadian Adventure"
- "Away from the Freeway, and into Algonquin!"
- "Algonquin Provincial Park"
- "Algonquin park."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Hotels in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Transportation in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Nightlife in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Restaurants in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Shopping in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Algonquin Provincial Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Algonquin Provincial Park
- 19 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Algonquin Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "Re: Festival opinions, visa..."
- Commented on one of epicult's Algonquin Provincial Park travel pages
- updated a Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Page "Algonquin...A Paradise...for Moose"
- Wrote a Review The Annual Wolf Howl in Algonquin Provincial Park Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wildlife on Mizzy Lake Trail"
Photos in Algonquin Provincial ParkSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 79 reviews, 77 photos
- Nikko Intro, 25 reviews, 79 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 35 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Rai Intro, 34 reviews, 56 photos
- Toronto Intro, 36 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Montreal Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 19 reviews, 10 photos