"Tour around Greater Taipei" Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei by mim95

Taipei Travel Guide: 1,398 reviews and 3,810 photos

We spent 9 days venturing in Taiwan last winter. 9 days certainly weren't enough, as we only covered Taipei, Taipei County, Keelung, and Taroko Gorge in Hualien County, which is a national park famous for its tall cliffs and marble canyon. (Then when it comes to vacation, it's always never enough! :))

Taipei, the capital and the largest city in Taiwan, is a cosmopolitan with well-blended Chinese and western culture. Great varieties and interesting food, especially those in the night markets. Getting around is easy too within the city, as the MRT can take you to most tourist spots.

• Pros:easy to get to tourist attractions by MRT (subway), great inexpensive street food, friendly ppl
  • Last visit to Taipei: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 15, 2003

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Great pages! This was the first place we visited in Asia.We were so excited.

• Lbby06's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 1:32 PM

From Taipei, what station do I take and which bus do we transfer onto to get to Yeliu. Or do we just take the Long distance bus all the way there?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2008 at 7:22 PM

fantastic page!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Excellent page of Taipei. I also went to many places mentioned in your tips but I did not take many photos. So bring back lots of fond memories. Cheers, SL :)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 1:27 PM

delving into history&seeing the beauty thats in the world keeps me alive i think!i went to Sun Yat Sens birthplace at Cuiheng near Guangzhou etc - so its interesting to see where youve come across his travels too. hope to get to Taiwan myself someday!Thx.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2006 at 5:13 PM

It looks like I missed a lot! I agree, the 7th month of the Chinese year is the best time to visit temples... great photos! I hope to get to Yangmingshan or Wulai someday!

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Some beautiful and enticing pictures and tips Mim! Friends trying to entice us to visit! Never heard the word Aboriginal used other than in Australia before.

• Jul 1, 2006 at 12:14 AM

Cannot find Hsimen MRT station...

• oisha's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2006 at 11:19 PM

Sounds like you love to be out walking! We are restricted to places that take stroller wheels for a few years yet.

• ngcsc's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 6:36 PM

Hi, Planning my trip to Taipei... just nice to meet you online

mim95

“Travelling is an addiction!”

Badges & Stats in Taipei