"Chester City Centre" Chester by allaboutnice
Chester Travel Guide: 486 reviews and 1,248 photos
Chester is a very pretty Roman city and most visits here end up at the above hotel - the Chester Grosvenor which has a superb location, right in the heart of the City. I have only ever stayed here once, but I usually have lunch or at least a coffee in the gorgeous brasserie - to recover from the exertions of retail therapy.
I am sorry that I have not added any information about the historical significance of Chester - I will try and add a pertinent link shortly.
As a special treat, have a spot of lunch in 'La Brasserie', part of the Chester Grosvenor Hotel. (see my tip)
- Pros:Chester is an attractive mix of shops, culture and history
- Cons:the crowds and the parking
allaboutnice's Related Pages
Chester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE ROMAN CITY OF DEVA"
- "A City of History"
- "In Search of Romans"
- "Roman Chester"
- "Enchanting Chester"
- "Black (and White) Beauty Chester"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chester
- Hotels in Chester
- Transportation in Chester
- Nightlife in Chester
- Restaurants in Chester
- Shopping in Chester
- Warnings and Dangers in Chester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chester
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chester
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 55 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chester Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 2 photos