"Memories - keeping them alive" Umea6's Profile
Ever since I started traveling I promised myself to write a diary and put all my impressions on paper to read about them in years to come, but I have never done that. I have always regreted not keeping my promise ...
When I discovered VT I saw it as a place where all my travels could stay alive forever. The tought that my pages might be interesting to other people convinced me to start building them. It will take some time to finish them, but I am working as fast as I can ... :) I hope you will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed travelling.
This year the kids are grown enough to take a longer trip. We will give it a try. Many people told me I can forget about traveling when I had my first baby. Yeah, right! I will prove they are wrong. Already planned:
USA - May
AUSTRIA - somewhere
ITALY - as always
and of course Slovenia.
I was thinking of how to introduce myself and I realized that this pages are a mirror of who I am - explorer of everything world has to offer.
My home country SLOVENIA is situated right in the central Europe, which is ideally to travel around. If I would have to choose another european country to live in - it would be somewhere in Scandinavia. I went there a couple of years ago with a good friend by car. There is so much to see. I loved one place in Sweden so much, I decided to use it as my nickname.
I fell in love with Asia the first time I stepped off the plane. I loved the smiling faces around me and their hospitality.
It was later that I discovered the beautiful scenary of endless rice fields, flowers, temples and so much that all countries are offering.
My first choice would be Vietnam, maybe because it was the first county in Asia I visited.
Since then I keep returning back every time I get a chance - Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore .....
My favourite hobby is travelling because this is the only real school in life. It is not merly a hobby it is a passion! Learning about other cultures, history and way of living and meeting new friends around the world enrichens my own life.
I started traveling when I was really young, first with my family later on, on my own and with my friends.
Travelling is my most passionate hobby. It gives me energy to go on in my life. That is the one thing I couldn't live without ....
There are some places that really inspired me in a way. Go through my pages and find out why.
I am addicted to reading magazines. One of my favourite are Donna Hay, Australia; Wunderlust, UK; Martha Stewart, USA.
I used to hate cooking because I thought it is a waste of time. Now that I am living on my own I find out that cooking can be a lot of fun. I like to experiment with food, try new recipes from around the world.
During my maternity leave I started some other hobbies: napkin decoupage, scrapbooking and only recently I started rubber stamping.
Advertising and brands - my professional addiction....
We (my husband and I) have met some wonderful people throughout the journey and had our first two VT meetings - In Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. We enjoyed both of them. Please read my pages about it!
I love reading on the plane. I always buy a pocket book at the airport and try to read the whole book at once. This is easy if you are on a plane for 10 or more hours.
I would recommend reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" to anyone who wants to get to know the misterious life of geishas.
I have to add 2 more books that are worth reading Dan Brown'e Da Vinci Code and Angels and Deamons. But who hasn't read them already?
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 629 Reviews
- 606 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 39 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great company & great food ...."
- Umea6 and iver are now friends.
- Commented on Herkbert's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Memories - keeping them alive"
- Posted in Travel Forum "Weather in May"
- created a Crikvenica Travel Page "CRIKVENICA"
- Wrote a Review SALINERA in Strunjan Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Ljubljana Intro, 92 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 54 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 51 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 29 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 34 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yangshuo Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 18 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos