"Estero Island is the Place for Me" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach by Dalifriend
Fort Myers Beach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 251 photos
My first experience with Ft. Myers Beach was in September 2001. Our honeymoon. :)
I fell in love with this place the moment we began crossing over Matanzas Pass. The view from the top of the bridge is breathtaking!
We spend a lot of time walking the beach, and stooping to pick up shells. What a wonderful form of exercise. :) The highlight of each day is always the sunset.
The time of year is a major factor as to why we enjoy Ft. Myers Beach so much. We choose to vacation after Labor Day because many prices drop, and there are no crowds. Despite the chances of hurricanes, we have always had a wonderful time.
The best souveniers are the ones you pick up on the shore. I'm guessing that we have accumulated twenty pounds of perfect seashells since we first visited in 2001.
Seashells are not only on the beaches, but everywhere we seem to go! The seashell theme is pevale nt in restaurants, shops, and even the mailboxes. There is also a grand seashell collection for viewing at the local library.
But if you love shopping, Ft. Myers Beach holds plentiful places to peruse. Many of the smaller stores, located along Estero Boulevard, are definately worth a peek. Unique and quality souveniers are plentiful in this friendly community.
- Pros:The shells, the sunset, and the serenity.
- Cons:So crowded during the season
- In a nutshell:Fort Myers Bach is a wonderful vacation spot, especially during the off season.
Dockside Sports Pub is THE place to be if you need to catch your Cleveland Browns in a more public atmosphere. Catch all... more travel advice
This phenonmenon happens when a certain type of alga called K. brevis has a population explosion or "bloom" in the... more travel advice
Dalifriend's Related Pages
Fort Myers Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Fort Myers Beach"
- "Seeing The World But Stuck In Fort Myers Beach"
- "A GREAT BEACH TOWN"
- "fort myers beach florida"
- "Estero Island is the Place for Me"
- "Fort Myers Beach"
- "Fort Myers Beach Page by Michel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Myers Beach
- Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
- Transportation in Fort Myers Beach
- Nightlife in Fort Myers Beach
- Restaurants in Fort Myers Beach
- Shopping in Fort Myers Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Myers Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Myers Beach
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Fort Myers Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Myers Beach
- Posted in Travel Little Bohemia Forum "Re: moving to cleveland"
- Commented on one of KaiM's Fort Myers Beach travel pages
- Wrote a Review Cleveand Browns Fans Unite! in Fort Myers Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cleveand Browns Fans Unite!"
- created a Fort Myers Beach Travel Page "Estero Island is the Place for Me"
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.