"All American City - 2002" Top 5 Page for this destination Everett by nwmountaingirl

Everett Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 141 photos

I remember as a child riding in the back seat of the car as my Dad drove the freeway heading towards Everett. As we approached the city my Dad would say, "hold your breath", and my brother and I held our breath until we passed the mills. The smell was so bad it made your eyes water.

Thirty years later here I am - living in a city that bestowed such fond memories for me as a child (ha-ha). Fortunately the area has improved a great deal in that 30 years. The offensive smells are a thing of the past, and the older homes are being renovated, and properties cleaned up. There are still room for improvements, but Everett has come a long way over the years.

Here, the world's largest commercial aircraft (Boeing 747, 767 and 777) are manufactured in the world's largest building. The building has grown over the years to enclose 472 million cubic feet of space. Its footprint covers 98.3 acres.

Click here for tour information

Everett Silvertips

The City of Everett built an Events Center and has acquired a kick arse hockey team. Although city officials were worried about it attracting beer drinkers and rowdey crowds until they finally realized that's just the kind of people who live in their city. No, no just kidding:)

everettsilvertips.com

www.everetteventscenter.com

Riverside Neighborhood

Visit one neighborhood in Everett where they believe the most important part of a community is not the grandeur of its buildings, but the spirit of the people who live there.
Riverside Neighborhood

• Pros:Within 40 miles of some of the best hiking in Washington State
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2005

nwmountaingirl

“Throw your socks to the wind”

Badges & Stats in Everett

Have you been to Everett?

Latest Activity in Everett