"All American City - 2002" Top 5 Page for this destination Everett by nwmountaingirl
Everett Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 135 photos
I remember as a child riding in the back seat of the car as my Dad drove the freeway heading towards Everett. As we approached the city my Dad would say, "hold your breath", and my brother and I held our breath until we passed the mills. The smell was so bad it made your eyes water.
Thirty years later here I am - living in a city that bestowed such fond memories for me as a child (ha-ha). Fortunately the area has improved a great deal in that 30 years. The offensive smells are a thing of the past, and the older homes are being renovated, and properties cleaned up. There are still room for improvements, but Everett has come a long way over the years.
Here, the world's largest commercial aircraft (Boeing 747, 767 and 777) are manufactured in the world's largest building. The building has grown over the years to enclose 472 million cubic feet of space. Its footprint covers 98.3 acres.
Click here for tour information
The City of Everett built an Events Center and has acquired a kick arse hockey team. Although city officials were worried about it attracting beer drinkers and rowdey crowds until they finally realized that's just the kind of people who live in their city. No, no just kidding:)
Visit one neighborhood in Everett where they believe the most important part of a community is not the grandeur of its buildings, but the spirit of the people who live there.
- Pros:Within 40 miles of some of the best hiking in Washington State
Much of north Everett was built on landfill and can get terribly muddy. True story told by Everett historian Dave... more travel advice
Snohomish River estuary is where the waters of the Snohomish River meet the salt water of Possession Sound, creating an... more travel advice
nwmountaingirl's Related Pages
Everett Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Boeing 747 are made!"
- "All American City - 2002"
- "Where I live, at the moment!"
- "kellys Everett Page"
- "Just don't walk around at night"
- "sunnywong's Everett Page"
- "Industrial Heritage in the Shadow of Mount Baker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Everett
- Hotels in Everett
- Transportation in Everett
- Nightlife in Everett
- Restaurants in Everett
- Warnings and Dangers in Everett
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Everett
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Everett?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Everett
Top 10 Pages
- Darrington Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Everett Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Naches Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Silver Falls State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Shores Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- John Day 1 review, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verlot Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tillamook Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Chilliwack Intro, 1 review, 1 photo, 1 travelogue