"More than H.C. Andersen" Top 5 Page for this destination Odense by Dee22
Odense Travel Guide: 279 reviews and 845 photos
Odense is the hometown of the famous writer, Hans Christian Andersen, who is known worldwide for his wonderful fairytales.
Odense is also where I live, where I have been living for most of my life, and a city that I love.
As the third biggest city in Denmark (after Copenhagen and Aarhus), Odense is known as a great place to study and a great place for sports, with current topteams in both soccer and icehockey.
Odense is also known in Denmark as a city with many immigrants.
The beautiful center of the city is often decorated for both summer periods and Christmas, and it's always a pleassure to take a walk through the streets that offers good shopping opportunities and quite some cafes and bars. The nightlight is okay, but far from worldclass.
The center of Odense is always beautifully decorated with lights at Christmas time and 2003 is no exception!
- Pros:Beautiful center city, close to the beach, good shopping opportunities, nice cafes and restaurants
- Cons:Boring weather in the fall and winther periods
- In a nutshell:A beautiful place in the middle of Denmark
This bar/pub is quite unique! It's special old danish decor and it's wide range of beers from Belgium and Denmark... more travel advice
If you are staying in Odense or just on Fyn (the Island) around August, you gotta go to the center city for the weekend... more travel advice
Dee22's Related Pages
Odense Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The birthplace of H.C. Andersen & more !"
- "Friends in Odense"
- "to travel is to live!"
- "My home town"
- "More than H.C. Andersen"
- "Odense's Magic"
- "Culture, Architecture and... Bicycles!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Odense
- Hotels in Odense
- Transportation in Odense
- Nightlife in Odense
- Restaurants in Odense
- Shopping in Odense
- Warnings and Dangers in Odense
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Odense
- 24 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Odense?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Odense
Photos in OdenseSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 24 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Antibes Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verninge Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Sweden Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Nice Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos