"Between sea and green mountain!" Top 5 Page for this destination Lefkas Island by ludogatto

Lefkas Island Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 212 photos

After 10 days in Salento( Puglia, Italy) we took a ferry to reach the warmest Lefkada island cause in late sep Puglia is not to much warm.
During the ferry transfer we called a a greek cell number I have found in internet where I saw nice pics from a little studio, 20 meters from the sea.
I was looking for a quiet situation, very near to the beach where I could spent some hours with my little Nina ( 8 months).
We arrived in Igoumenitsa at 11 pm and after 150 km with our van we get in Lefkada Island passing trough a boat bridge.....when the Roman decided to colonize Lefkas penisula they made a channel in the tiny istmo of the penisula.....so Lekfas became an island.

The west coast is gorgeouse for me....the beaches are long white strips in the blue of the Ionian sea and behind there are white cliffs with spectacular green vegetation, olive trees, cipressi and marittime pine!
Here u can feel the nature!

The est coast, faceing the mainland looks like a lake, the sea is not to much deep, it's a paradise for sailors, quiet bay and with the boat bridge the can cut the circumnavigation. Teh country is green and this is the more developped area, with a lot of studios and Nissiros is the main tourist place...it's full of cafè, bar souvenir shop and more but it isn't my place, to fake for me, too much for bus tourist group....in the nearest area there arent good beaches, to little and the sand is grey but is a good palce to discover the little island in front...one of this is Skorpios, a privat island of Onassis family.

• Last visit to Lefkas Island: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 28, 2008

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Simona, Saw you were the featured VTer when I signed on this morning. I am thinking that my next trip to Europe should include a trip to Greece as well as Puglia where I have an old friend. Nina is so cute. How old is she now?

• Irine_29's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I agree with you on Nidri tip.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Those beaches look absolutely stunning! Will be going to the Ionian Islands soon :). Thanks for the tips Simona!

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2008 at 2:39 AM

Interesting page about this island I am considering for my next holiday. Thank you for sharing.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2008 at 2:43 AM

Seems like you loved Lefkas. I like the cocktail of a fresh bear....!!!!!!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Hi Simona! :) How are you? It seems you had a wonderful and very relaxing holidays. Ahhh, such stunning beaches!!! What's the name of the last one? Afternoon greetings from sunny Ljubljana :)

• Feb 9, 2008 at 2:25 AM

Absolutely delightful. Moussaka & beer? What an original mix!

ludogatto

“respect”

Badges & Stats in Lefkas Island

Have you been to Lefkas Island?

Latest Activity in Lefkas Island