"Paros: the first stop in our sep 03 Cyclades tour" Top 5 Page for this destination Paros by ludogatto

Paros Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 382 photos

Paros was the first island we visited in our big tour of the Cyclades islands we did in september 2003, cause there is an airport and we had two tickets for free from Athens to one of the Cyclades airport.
Although we prefer islands much smaller and less urbanized, Paros island is a welcoming, pleasant beaches and small cycladic villages, reflecting the good character of this greek archipelago.
Some place
have the same atmosphere of Zorba the Greek, a nice film with Antony Queen.
In Paros, like in all Greece, there are a lot of cats, under the restaurant tables, near the fisherman boats, sleeping on a with balcony...Cats area must in greek islands

The complete tour of the island with a scooter may take, a little quickly, in a day, but I suggest to take a little bit more time, so you are able to visit some countries in the mountains, as Lefkas, or to take a ferry to the island of Andiparos for one day trip.

Paros has beaches of all colors, from white send, to beaches of small stones, or red as the rocks that surround Kolimbitres.
Paros is an island that also offers several night entertainment to young people, in Noussa and in other places ... remember that during the week the bar or disco close at 3 am and during the weekend to 6am.
But if you want total peace, there are places like Aliki, Drios that you will receive in their quiet 'arms'.
Have fun discovering the island which also has several beautiful Byzantine churches and the remains of cyclades civilization .

• Last visit to Paros: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2008

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I think this is my next group of islands when I visit Greece again ;-)

• Irine_29's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Dryos, Marpissa and Lefkes are among my favorite in Paros. I will be there tomorrow! :-)

• May 21, 2008 at 1:10 AM

I can see you enjoyed your time here. I can also see why. Paros appears to be quite a colorful place.

• Apr 29, 2008 at 5:29 AM