"Car round trip from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur by ludogatto

Estado de Baja California Sur Travel Guide: 1,271 reviews and 2,698 photos

For the moment I put only some pics...
We rented a car in San Diego and we had some problems to find an insurance to cover the car in Mexico!
We done all the only big road that traspass all the peninsula from north to south....it was the cyclon and rainy season so we had some problems cause sometime there aren't bridge and u have to pass in the water or waiting it go down.
The landscape are perfect, the people is great if u try to speak spanish and not English!!!
They ask me if I was Gringa cause i'm blond and blue eyed, but they were estonished when I said 'Italian'......so they said " Are u sure, aren't u from Cali?....why u speak spanish?'
My boyfriend seems more spanish than Gringo so they ask me if I was married with a mexican boy!
This is a magnificent country with a lot of problems, they are poor but on the other side of the border there is the 'money' perhaps!...and in the baja too they can see the difference when the tourist go there to spend the holiday in luxury hotel with perfect golf green thet needs a lot of water and they haven't it at home cause the water here is like gold!
And in the north there are the big problem of maquilladoras industies......it's a big question and I have no right arguments to write about it.
In the south, the sea is nice and warm....I prefer to stay outside from Cabo, it's the bad copy of an american seaside town with Sturback, mc Donalds and Hard Rock Cafe!
In the little town u can relax yourself in the middle of the mexican people eating the good and spicy cuisine, with a good chilled bear, doing surf if u want and often u can have an empty beach only for u!

• Last visit to Estado de Baja California Sur: Sep 2000
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2007 at 2:52 AM

Quante settimane consigli per una viaggio on the road (ma non troppo, ho qualche problema di deambulazione) e qualche gg di relax al mare? che paesino consigli per il relax? grazie

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2006 at 2:37 AM

I guess I should have kept going when I went to Tijuana years ago. Looks like a great road trip.

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 3:21 AM

Wow, what a great road trip Simona !!! I wish I can also take it some day...

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Great pic of the cacti. Going to the south baja in May, to San Jose del Cabo, quieter that Cabo and the Wabo.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Nice photos. I have been to Baja a few weeks ago, but the northern part.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Nice job on Baja pages. Made the same drive 30 years ago before it was paved. Changed a bit. Quite an adventure.! Thanks for sharing!

• Jan 2, 2006 at 12:28 AM

I hope to see more pics in the future....

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2005 at 4:28 AM

The water looks beautiful in your snorkelling pics

ludogatto

“respect”

Badges & Stats in Estado de Baja California Sur

Have you been to Estado de Baja California Sur?

Latest Activity in Estado de Baja California Sur