"Mountains, green nature, snow and traditions!" Top 5 Page for this destination Valle d'Aosta by ludogatto
Valle d'Aosta Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 462 photos
The Valle d'Aosta is one of the regions with a special statute, that iregion have a particular auonomy from the government of Rome.
This is due to the history, the population, the language of this region and u can notice immediately looking to the signs that are writhed both in italian and franch.....the majority of the villages or town have a franch name.....this is the mix of this boorder region and his history.
This is the region of the castels, of the big mountain like Monte Bianco ( the higest mountain in Europe) Monte Rosa and Cervino where in the early 1900 the rock climbing became a sport for the nobles, like Savoia family.
The life in the mountain is hard but his people his hard than the nature to survive, so after be farmer or cattleman, or seeker of minerals in the high mountain, now a lot of them are perfet mountain guide in the winter like in the summer, they work in the tourism and make u at home with the friendship of thei people....
Every winter I go to Cervinia and the nearest ski locations, couse my sister in law have a litlle mansard house!
In the Antey valley there are many little charming villages to visit in summer or winter.....like Chamois, rechebale only by cableway, where there wheren't cars...u can walk inthe summer or ski in the winter in the pure air of the mountains.
Go tho my
to have some more info about this place and the Valtournanche valley!
the place is very warm, it's a traditional wooden house, new but very warm, located not on the min road, but easy to get... more travel advice
In Chamois there are 5 paths, from medium difficulty to easy: u haven't a lot of km to ski, but it's nice because it... more travel advice
ludogatto's Related Pages
Valle d'Aosta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VALLE D'AOSTA"
- "Val D'Aosta - Paradise for Nature Lovers"
- "Valley of Hidden Surprises"
- "Among the western Alps"
- "Mountains, green nature, snow and traditions!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valle d'Aosta
- Hotels in Valle d'Aosta
- Transportation in Valle d'Aosta
- Nightlife in Valle d'Aosta
- Restaurants in Valle d'Aosta
- Shopping in Valle d'Aosta
- Warnings and Dangers in Valle d'Aosta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valle d'Aosta
- 13 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Valle d'Aosta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valle d'Aosta
Photos in Valle d'AostaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 68 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tropea Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ferrara Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otranto Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues