"My way to stay in Bologna!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna by ludogatto

Bologna Travel Guide: 1,142 reviews and 3,404 photos

A lot o f Vt members wrote about Bologna, the history, the cuisine and more.
I was born, I live and work there but I'm not the typical bolognese woman:
I’m 43, I have a 23 month's baby, I ride a motorbike, not a scooter, I’m not fashion victims, I don't go in the city centre to take an aperitif only to watch people and to been watched with the shining car.....but I like a glass of wine in a osteria in Partello street!
I love young people, I work with the young students of Bologna university and I know their money problems, I work with the childrens and the families, I work with immigrates, I prefer to spend and to share my time to do something good for my city and all the people that live there.

The bolognese cuisine is gorgeouse, I love to go dining outside, so I put in my Vt restaurant pages a lot of restaurant I personaly tasted
BolognaRestaurants
.....they are on my 'Agenda'....every week end I try some new place.....In the future I want to put some pages on my town cuisine so you can have an idea how to order...I will put some receipt too!

Bologna have a big treasure: the oldest working university of the world.
It’s well known all over the world, its big, big, big…….a great part of the economy of the city is around the university: house to rent to the students, cultural events, nightlife, services, restaurants and shops and more.
The economic budget of the university is larger than that Comune di Bologna ( city Municipality).
From the star, the 500 old university was opened to students from all part of the country and world....so we are used to the foreigners and we stay in touch with them because we think that we can take good things from every culture and way of life.
In this last year, a part of Bologna people star to be more diffident to the immigrates, we live and work together, but I think they are a little bit scared to the mix we can create…..we love our traditions and probably someone think to loose it a little bit…..we need time to accept the other culture, not to make a strange mix, but to take the better from each other…Bologna is the best place to do it.

There are many beautiful projects, interculturals and traditionals, u can spend a night watching burattini show in our dialect (typical puppets) or have a laboratory of Taranta dance and Pizzica (puglia regional dance) or learn for free Arab language. U can find what u want…….
Bologna is culture, cuisine, red roofs and tower…but it’s also a city of friendly people that work a lot but know how to enjoy the life!!!
So in my tips I’d like to give particular infos, on special events, place to eat or things to do outside the traditional circuit,….like a Bologna people can do.
Go to Bologna in a Bolognese way…u are welcome!

• Pros:Bologna la rossa, la dotta e la grassa!
  • Last visit to Bologna: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2008

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Mi piacerebbe tornarci per un week end.

Ciao!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Ciao-viaggiamo spesso and molto amore Italia. We hope to return again soon, and was only once to Bologna in our years. Your parade looks like fun time

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Simona, Thanks for the great tips about your town. We cannot wait to visit Happy Trails, ' Randy

• hopang's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Great travel page of your home city. The city seems to be a great tourist destination. Piazza Maggiore and Sala Borsa certainly sound interesting to visit and explore! Glad to know that you took part in the parade and dance as well. ~ho & pang

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Excellent tips - thanks! I've been through Bologna many times on the train but I can see it's past time for me to stop and visit!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Great food tips along with the other good advice. Bologna has been on our must see list for a long time and now we have more places to visit there. thank you

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM

What a fab' page or should I say " E' Un Capolavora!":)) It's given me some great ideas for my visit next week.

• Aug 30, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Thank you for the insight into this wonderful restaurant. I am a first time visitor to Italy, in Bologna on business and this was such an enjoyable, magnificent and friendly place. I would return there without hesitation. Your information is very helpful.

• heartinitaly's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Your information is original and so helpful! Thank you!

• Feb 16, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Great info! and site!

ludogatto Lives Here!

ludogatto

“respect”

Badges & Stats in Bologna

Have you been to Bologna?

Latest Activity in Bologna