"A little seaside town" Vada by ludogatto
Vada Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 11 photos
Vada is a calm town of fishermen that in the course of last the 30 years transformed themselves in a small seaside place. Although the tourism has not lost its calm rhythms of life, than It's carry out all around the main public square. Tthe old man meet themselves in the morning in order to take the coffee to the bar, to look the life that slides to it, to greet the neighbor who goes has to make the every day purchases
Lorenzo and I go often in this zone in order to practice the kite surf and Vada is a good place like point of support for our excursions in the several surf spot on the livornese coast.
In the south of Vada u can find several camping on the sea and in the north u find a pine tree forest and the Spiagge Bianche beach.
This beach is very famous for the turquoise, nearly caraibic, color of the sea and whitest sand.
Between Rosignano Solvay ( see my page) and Vada esite a factory that produces bicarconate (soda), and it unloads in sea the residuals of the working.
These ' residuals' render the sand white and the sea color of an incredible blue.
On this beach there aren't bathing prohibition and all say that not there are problems for the health and the environment.
I do not know very of the real ecological problems in this zone, but the enviromentalists associations from years fight the numerous jobs of this Belgian multinational, that it takes advantage of the territory wide.
They are many no clear plans for explotation (turbo gas electric engine, mines,...) of this society, has been accused of pollution from mercury.
The situation is complex: the factory produces jobs for the population, but at the same time the consequences of this takeover can very damage the environment that is an other of the great resources of this territory.
There are some good spot in Vada to practice Kite surf and wave surf in certain period......the beach is big and the... more travel advice
If u loves the meat you must absolutely eat the 'Fiorentina', the tuscany t-bone steak, for me the best in the world...... more travel advice
ludogatto's Related Pages
Vada Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vada
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Vada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 68 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tropea Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ferrara Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otranto Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues