"Ghana: respect, my brotha!!!!" Accra by ludogatto

Accra Travel Guide: 289 reviews and 760 photos

I spent 3 of my new year eves in Accra cause my boyfrind work for Alitalia Aerline ( stewart) and we was there on stopover.......I stayied there only for few days, but it's enough to grown up in my heart the need to know more about this country.
The turism is very light, not like in Senegal, and the people are a little bit estonished for you outside the big town, they are not used to see 'tourist', but they are wharm and very frindly.
IThe new years eve 2004 I was in ACCRA....dancing all the night ragga with my Accra 'brotha'!!!!!
i was in a restaurant on the coaast, it's nice because in this area there are some rock adn the restaurant is builted on it, with a lot of balcony full of table, a live orchestra palyng raggga and local music, a lot of candle all over the cliff adn under the palm with the big moon in the water....the they afetr is used to go to Labadi beach, with the best dress u have, to spend the all day walking to see girls, dancing, looking to littel show and bathing all togheter....Have a look to my travelogue with a lot of picture of Labadi!!!!! REspect!

This year there were big cloud, but fortunatly didn't rain on the beach!!!!

• Last visit to Accra: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2005

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 11:51 PM

coffin are funny but I don't want o think about this part of my future life!

• Sep 20, 2007 at 10:02 AM

The coffins were amazing!! And you could get any style you wanted and Danny(?) only charged US$1200. Of course, shipping is extra.

• grets's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 6:28 AM

Interesting page, thanks. :-) Looking forward to spending a couple of days in Accra at Christmas. ;-)

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 7:52 AM

Enjoy the last moments of 2005 and already the best for 2006. Happy travels!!! Great Page BTW.

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2005 at 4:18 PM

Wow, the coffin information is very interesting. I never knew they did this!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2005 at 10:42 AM

WOW, reading your travelogue, I think I have to buy a ticket right away to spend a swinging New Years Eve at Labadi beach !! When I visited Labadi beach in the 80s during summer there was nobody around !

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 4:08 PM

Very interesting page and photos.

ludogatto