"Al Aqqua: marine park near Fujairah" Top 5 Page for this destination Fujairah by ludogatto
Fujairah Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 187 photos
Al Aqqua is a little village between Kor Fakkan and Dibba on the Indian Ocean......the costal area is a marine national park, with a nice reef, tropical fishes and corals, there are some rules to follow, but nobody do it ( no fishing, don't touch corals,...).....the area is nice but in the last 4 years all the beach area was exploted by big new resorts.......the oldest Hotel ( Sandy Beach) is at the start of the beach, in front of Snoopy Island, the best place to do snorkling without a boat.......at the end of the beach 4 years ago there were only the monstrous Le Meridien 5 stars Beach Hotel....now in the 2/3 km of this beach there are a Rotana resort, a Iberotel Miramar and 3 new resorts under construction...there no more free beach!
This costal area, betwen Dibba and Fujhaira is under construction with new developement project for tourism! All the beaches are reserved for an explotation and sometimes where there are only rocks ( like in Jal resort near Dibba) is usual to build the beach!
Between Al Aqqa and Kor fakkan there is a new big project: 2 new concrete peninsula in the middle of the sea to build big villas with private boat place, gardens and more......similar to the Palm or World in front of Dubai....if u have a look to google Heart in this area u can see this 2 penisula with the hook shape!
I loved this area but I think this is the last time....I want to keep in my mind the last pics of my old Al Aqqua area......
It'a a city with some hotel, but it's an industrial palce, so is better to move to Kor Fakkan. I haven't picture of this city cause I passed there only to retour in Dubai city....I prefered to stay in Al Aqqa, is a little group of house 5/6 km from Kor Fakkan but is the perfect palce to do snorkel or diving....have a look to my tips.....
Fujahira is under construction too and in the last 4 years is grow up a lot.....It was a city with some hotels, an industrial port for containers.....now u can find everithing: shopping center, amusement for childrens, cinemas, beauty center, club.......I think in 4/5 years can be a little Dubai on this ocean coast.
Kor Fakkan is more little with a beautifull coniche and a beautiful beach in the city! At one side of the beach there is Oceanic Hotel on the other hand the commercial port. U can find big supermarket, good resturants, healt center and everithing u need.
When u arrive from Ras al Kahiam to Dibba, passing the mountain the first thing u can seeis the mosquee...is new and... more travel advice
The arab peninsula's cuisine haven't a lot of plates so the most popular cuisine is the lebanon and indian foods. In... more travel advice
ludogatto's Related Pages
Fujairah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Al Aqqua: marine park near Fujairah"
- "Fujairah Tourists Guide"
- "Fujairah Emirate"
- "Down in Fuj..."
- "Fujairah trip"
- "Emirates-but not Dubai"
- "East Coast Getaway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fujairah
- Hotels in Fujairah
- Transportation in Fujairah
- Nightlife in Fujairah
- Restaurants in Fujairah
- Shopping in Fujairah
- Warnings and Dangers in Fujairah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujairah
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Fujairah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujairah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 68 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador da Bahia Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tropea Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ferrara Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otranto Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues