"So you are thinking of moving here ?" Port Orford by bythesea
Port Orford Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 125 photos
The 3 fatal questions about living in Port Orford that people who are NOT suited for this lifestyle bring up during their breakfast with us at our B&B are:
1. What do you people DO around here?
2. WHERE do you shop?
3. WHERE are the doctors?
Naturally these are non-questions to those who live here because we have already individually come to terms with those issues and have developed strategies to deal with the issues raised... #1.
Port Orford is run by community-minded volunteers, of which there are never even 1/2 the numbers needed, so anyone new who wants to help is immediately made to feel welcome and propably made chairman of a committte to deal with whatever *problem* he/she feels is a *problem*.
#2. Port Orford now has broadband Wireless Internet. If it fits on the UPS truck you are only a 1-800 phone call away from just about anything. For major shopping, people become members of buying clubs like COSTCO and make a day or overnight trip every 3-6 months or so to Eugene or Medford to load up.
#3. We are in a health district and have a clinic in town. For serious problems and specialists, one goes to Coos Bay/North Bend. There is VA clinic and modern small hospital just 30 minutes north in Bandon.
- Pros:Small town atmosphere - lots of arts/crafts activities and miles & miles of wide-open beautiful public beaches.
- Cons:Located in an area that is subject to a lot of wind and rain.
- In a nutshell:With its mild climate and low crime rate, the Port Orford area is a great homebase for folks who are in good health and have outside income.
Port Orford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Prehistoric Gardens in Port Orford, Oregon"
- "Port Orford Weekends"
- "So you are thinking of moving here ?"
- "Worth a Stop"
- "LizC's new Port Orford Page"
- "Coastal trip continues..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Orford
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Port Orford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Orford
No friends yet.