"My Travel Experience" UKGrant23's Profile

Where it all began..................

I caught the travel bug back in the summer of 2003. I was living and working the rat race in England, tied down in a relationship and happy taking my 2 weeks in the sun each year. Then, the opportunity came to travel around the world and I've not looked back since. I booked myself a multi stop ticket, going through South East Asia, Australia and finally ending up in New Zealand where I lived for a year. I returned to England for 2 years and must say I did enjoy it as I was lucky enough to find a job I loved doing, and I had some good times with my mates. I was always in Transit Mode though and knew I'd end up back in NZ before long. This is where I want to spend the rest of life (I think) and so I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens.

Rome, Italy (main pic)

My favourite part of Europe. So many ancient monuments, fountains and churches. 3 days here wasn't long enough to see everything. I had a fantastic time here. The highlight was definately climbing to the top of St Peter's and taking in the awesome view of Rome below. I wasn't interested in history much until I came to Rome.......now I'm hooked.

Bali

My number 1 destination on Earth. Beautiful people, amazing rice fields, wonderful smells. I really did fall in love with every part of Bali. I've been fortunate enough to visit Bali twice and I plan a 3rd trip later this year. I'm a pretty laid back person, so the way of life in Bali makes me fall over. It''s great!!

Paris

Paris is a cool place to visit. I've been there 3 times and enjoyed it every time for different reasons. French food isn't as bad as it's made out to be, and neither is Euro-Disney. I had a wicked time acting like I was 8 years old all over again.

Spain

Oley!!! I've been to Spain lots of times, as it's a popular holiday destination for us Brits. The picture below was taken in a Bull Ring at Rhona, which was a beautiful white-washed town in the hills North of the Costa Del Sol. My favourite things about Spain are Rioca Red Wine and the hot, sunny weather. Also napping in the afternoon is a cool idea.

Egypt

As you will see from my Egyot Travel Page, I had a brilliant time here. Highlight was the day trip to Cairo to see the Pyramids, the Sphinx and the Egypt Museum.

My 10 Favourite Travel Destinations

10. Wales

• Intro Updated Jun 4, 2007

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2009 at 1:51 AM

hmmm...the name of the Japanese city is also close to a place close to your heart ...Bali ..interesting...

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Are you not staying in kiwiland?? heading for OZ?? I'm going to Qtown tomorrow, but will be in the Alps by Sunday, so we'll miss, too bad. Enjoy the apple picking. "-)

• ino_hsb's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Happy new year. All the best in 2007. Save some beer for me will ya!

• joysweet's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 9:20 PM

mabuhay! birthday greetings from manila, philippines. hope you'll have a great day! :)

• tsokoholic's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 7:14 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome grant!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 8:10 AM

We were in Brugge on Mar. 19th-pretty close to your visit. I see you went to Rome. It's one of my favorite cities and you're right you have to stay more than 3 days. April and Sept. are great times for the weather. Hope you get to visit again soon.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Hi!, Nice pics!! Hope to see your Wroclaw page after your trip and I hope it will become one of your top destinations:) Visit also Krakow (Real TOP:))

• backpackerbaby's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Wish u a wonderful birthday! Smile more, laugh more!!! :))

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2004 at 4:01 PM

Greetings frm KL! Too bad you missed the Petronas Towers when you were in KL - as if you never been here at all. You are alsway welcome for a return visit. -m-

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 4:30 AM

Forest fan?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!