"Lublin" Lublin by alancollins
Lublin Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 450 photos
Lublin is the largest city in the east of Poland and dates back to the 6th century. It was the Nazi Headquarters for Operation Reinhardt during WW2 and the Jewish population of Lublin was almost wiped out. It is now the ninth largest city in Poland and is 175kms to the south east of Warsaw, therefore making it easy for day trips. Tactics used during a strike in July 1980 were copied in Gdansk the following month and this gave rise to the trade union Solidarity.
A castle has stood at this location since the 12th century. The tallest part of the castle is the keep which dates from... more travel advice
I went to the camp just after 8am on a warm summers morning. The first thing that struck me was the enormous size of the... more travel advice
alancollins' Related Pages
Lublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lublin - Poland's city of inspiration"
- "Lublin ~ Eastern Poland surprise"
- " Beauty Yet To Be Discovered"
- "Lublin - City of Polish History"
- "Majdanek Concentration Camp"
- "A Glimpse of Lublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lublin
- Hotels in Lublin
- Transportation in Lublin
- Nightlife in Lublin
- Restaurants in Lublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Lublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lublin
- 5 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Lublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lublin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 237 reviews, 1087 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 47 reviews, 246 photos, 7 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 38 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 206 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lodz Intro, 31 reviews, 185 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 18 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 33 reviews, 108 photos, 7 travelogues