Warsaw Shopping Tips by alancollins
Warsaw Shopping: 100 reviews and 171 photos
This is a shopping mall with style. Having tried a number of the shopping malls in Warsaw they seem to have very similar shops. This shopping mall is on different levels with dead ends, not the regular shape of some of the malls. It has an atrium with a fountain that performs different shapes. This mall is quieter since the opening of Golden Terraces, but it is well worth a visit because of this reason.
Address: Blue City, Al. Jerozolimskie 179, 02-222 Warszawa
Directions: Blue City is located in Al. Jerozolimskie not far from Rondo Zes?a?c?w Syberyjskich (near Zachodni railway station).
Phone: (+48 22) 824 45 55
Warsaw has no shortage of shopping centres. The latest to open its doors on the 7th February 2007 is Golden Terraces (Zlote Tarasy). It may not be the biggest but it certainly is the stylish and it is different to the other shopping centres for a number of reasons. It is located in the city centre right next to the central railway station and is overlooked by the Palace of Culture and Science. The main entrance area is covered by a 10,500 square metre free form glass roof made up of 4,800 triangular glass panes, which must have been a design and construction nightmare to fabricate. Another difference is a number of restaurants by the main entrance where you can sit outside whilst you eat, drink and watch the world go by, a pleasant experience when the weather is warm. The shopping centre is spread over 3 floors and is similar to the others with the usual array of shops, cafes and multiplex cinema, though it does have a Hard Rock Café and a Burger King, if you fancy a change from McDonalds or KFC. It is certainly worth a visit if just to photograph the unique glass roof.
Address: Zlote Tarasy, ul. Zolta 59, 00-120 Warsaw
Directions: Next to the Central Railway Station
Phone: +48 22 222 22 00
This is one of the out of town shopping malls in Warsaw and though it is slightly smaller than some of the other malls, it still has the usual array of nearly 100 shops, a small supermarket, food court, bowling alley and 12 screen cinema that shows a number of films in English. The food court has some slightly different restaurants selling Turkish, pizza, Chinese and there is a new ice-cream parlour. I have been to this mall numerous times during my visits to Warsaw as it situated not to far from the hotel I tend to use. Like the other shopping malls it is slightly off the beaten track but is well worth a visit.
Address: 31, Powsinska Street
Phone: +48 22 310 30 00
Arkadia is one of my favourite shopping centres in Warsaw. The shops are spread over 2 floors that are built around in a circle. Besides designer label shops there a number of clothes and shoe shops that cater more for those with an eye for a bargain. There is a large hypermarket with an internet cafe and a food court. On the third floor there is a large multi-screen cinema.
Address: al. Jana Pawla II 82
Phone: 022 331 34 00
More Reviews (47)
alancollins' Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 51 Reviews
- 236 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Photos in WarsawSee All Photos (236)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 260 reviews, 1178 photos, 8 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 46 reviews, 241 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 38 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 206 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lodz Intro, 32 reviews, 190 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 53 reviews, 131 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 18 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (9)
- Old Town- 138 Reviews, 305 Photos
- Lazienki Park and Chopin's Monument- 121 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Monument to the Ghetto Uprising- 114 Reviews, 380 Photos
- Palace of Culture and Science- 73 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Royal Castle- 69 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Barbican- 39 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Wilanow- 37 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Castle Square- 38 Reviews, 54 Photos
- The Tomb of Unknown Soldier- 29 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Syrenka - Mermaid- 26 Reviews, 43 Photos
See All Warsaw Things to Do