"Terezin Ghetto" Top 5 Page for this destination Terezin by alancollins
Terezin Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 213 photos
The small fortress and the town of Terezin (Theresienstadt), were just an out of the way places until they were made notorious by the Nazis.
The Small Fortress was used by the Gestapo from June 1940 to torture and murder their prisoners.
The small town was used as a ghetto/concentration camp and was originally planned as a reception camp for jews on route to other camps. It became overcrowded with 60,000 people where 7,000 had lived and death became common place. The ghetto served 3 purposes, transit, decimation and propaganda.
- In a nutshell:Horror wherever the Nazis went.
There is a railway siding at Terezin that was used to transport people from Terezin to the east. 63 transport trains... more travel advice
If you wish to visit all the museums as well as viewing the buildings around the town it will take a full day. There are... more travel advice
alancollins' Related Pages
Terezin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Terezin Ghetto"
- "The History Of Terezin..."
- "A Place of Memories and Horror"
- "TEREZIN'S SAD TRUE STORY"
- "Orlikins goes to Terezin"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Terezin
- 6 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Terezin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terezin
- Posted in Travel Berchtesgaden Forum "Re: Eagles Nest"
- Commented on one of alancollins's Terezin tips
- updated a Terezin Travelogue "Columbarium, Ceremonial Halls and Central Mortuary"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Columbarium, Ceremonial Halls and Central Mortuary"
- Wrote a Review Railway siding at Terezin in Terezin Things to Do
Photos in TerezinSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 237 reviews, 1087 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 47 reviews, 246 photos, 7 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 38 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 206 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lodz Intro, 31 reviews, 185 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 18 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 33 reviews, 108 photos, 7 travelogues