"Hohenwerfen Castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen by alancollins
Werfen Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 178 photos
Though there are several tips about the history and present day use of the castle no seems to have mentioned its use in the film 'Where Eagles Dare'. For the non film buffs it is set during the second world war and a group of special forces have to rescue an American Army General from the castle at Werfen, which is the main setting for the film.
Where Eagles Dare
A closer view of Hohenwerfen Castle.
- Pros:A beautiful castle
- In a nutshell:This is a really scenic area
This is the view to the entrance of the Giant Ice Caves. On the walk up, one of the guides at the entrance to the caves,... more travel advice
The Giant Ice Caves at Werfen are well worth a visit and contain miles of tunnels. The caves are freezing cold so take a... more travel advice
alancollins' Related Pages
Werfen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great daytrip from Salzburg"
- "Hohenwerfen Castle"
- "The setting for the movie "Where eagles dare""
- "At the heart of Salzburg region"
- "A Magical Wedding at a Magical Place"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Werfen
- 4 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Werfen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Werfen
Photos in WerfenSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 260 reviews, 1178 photos, 8 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 46 reviews, 241 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 38 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 206 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lodz Intro, 32 reviews, 190 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 18 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos, 7 travelogues