"Wandlitz" Wandlitz by alancollins

Wandlitz Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 39 photos

This is a beautiful area for walking and scenery just to the north Berlin. Well known to day trippers from Berlin but virtually unknown to tourists.

Before I set off for Wandlitz I checked the weather forecast. It was forecasted to be a sunny day and this seemed to be confirmed by the beautiful sunshine. So, I decided to save weigh by leaving some of my waterproof clothing behind at the hotel. Well, whilst walking around Wandlitz, the sun disappeared and within minutes the heavens opened up. Fortunately I managed to get back to the train station without getting too wet, but I had learnt a valuable lesson not to trust the weather.

• Last visit to Wandlitz: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM

So this is where the GDR bosses used to live! Nice photos and tips.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The lakeside walk sounds lovely!

• MD2nd's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Awesome autumn-pics! Wish you a pleasant time in Pankow. Have some ice for me? Some day I hope to have visited every Janny's. Yummy project, I think.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 4:14 AM

A beautiful area. No wonder the upper 10 000 (or only 1 000?)claimed it for themselves.

• Dec 11, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Nice new page i love your picture from the beautiful area!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Another discovery of yours. Looks like a great place for walks. The situation you describe reminds me of the Communist times here in Poland.

alancollins

“Tickets, passport, money.”

Badges & Stats in Wandlitz

Have you been to Wandlitz?

Latest Activity in Wandlitz