"Arnstadt" Arnstadt by alancollins
Arnstadt Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 42 photos
Arnstadt is one of the oldest town in Thuringia and is nicknamed the Gateway to the Thuringian Forest. The Market Square in Arnstadt is where you will find a number of interesting historic buildings. There are various shops, cafes and bar and it also includes the local Tourist Information Office with its helpful staff. In the centre of the Market Square is a statue to Johann Sebastian Bach who was the organist for a period of time at the New Church.
When I visited Arnstadt I was fortunate enough to have a hire car. I used a car park then visited the town centre. I'm... more travel advice
The Neutorturm (New Tower) dates from about 1418 and formed part of the towns’ defences. Vehicles still drive under the... more travel advice
alancollins' Related Pages
Arnstadt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Oldest City in Turingia"
- "History in Miniature"
- "Where JS Bach had his first job as church musician"
- "Town of Arnstadt - Landkreis Ilm-Kreis - Thuringia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arnstadt
- 6 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to Arnstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arnstadt
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 260 reviews, 1178 photos, 8 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 46 reviews, 241 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 38 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 206 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lodz Intro, 32 reviews, 190 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 18 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 35 reviews, 110 photos, 7 travelogues