"Berlin" Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin by alancollins
Berlin Travel Guide: 6,950 reviews and 15,570 photos
First Visit-May 2003
Berlin was the first place that I visited in what I call my ‘solo’ holiday phase in 2003, and it seems such a time ago I can’t remember why I choice to go there first. Though looking through my photographs and deciding which ones to choose to write tips about I have became aware I missed numerous interesting places to visit. I have decided that a second visit is called for, though it will probably be during my ‘couple’ holiday phase. I believe that my solo visits are in effect a reconnaissance exercise, so that during future visits, I will know exactly what to visit and what to miss.
Second Visit-September 2007
Well I have spent another 14 days in Berlin on another solo visit. I decided to re-visit after I spent an enjoyable 16 days in Germany during the summer of 2007. I achieved all the goals I set myself before I left but still feel there is still more to see in this vibrant city. This time I gave the public transport system a hammering and discovered its easy to use and it is an excellent mode of transport.
Third Visit-March 2008
Well I have made a third visit to Berlin. The public transport strike had ended and I discovered new places to visit becoming more adventurous with what I did. The only downside was the camcorder developing a fault and I caught a cold, which is unusual for me.
Fourth Visit-June 2008
I have completed my fourth trip to Berlin. This time I went further afield to Seelow, Berlin-Gatow and Bernau.
Fifth Visit-September 2008
I have completed another trip to Berlin and the warm weather was a change from the persistent rain in the UK. I tried a different hotel and went to numerous places I have never visited before.
Sixth Visit-November 2008
I have just returned from another trip to Berlin. This time I visited Wandlitz, just outside Berlin and revisited some of the larger museums.
Seventh Visit-March 2009
I travelled to some places outside the city including Halbe, Zossen & Bogensee. Plus renewed visits to some old and new places.
Eighth Visit-May 2009
I travelled to some places outside the city including a day trip to Kostrzyn, Wandlitz and Prenden.
These are some of the places I have visited from Berlin, some more than once. Some are well known but most are not.
Nineth Visit-September/October 2009
Lin loved some of the grander buildings and museums but hated the graffiti and using public transport.
Tenth Visit-March 2010
Back for another visit on my own. I had to complete lots of research to find places I have not visited before. I was lucky enough to bring the sunshine with me.
Eleventh Visit-November 2011
Another visit on my own. Re-visited some old places, amazed at some of the changes. Still found some new places to visit.
Twelfth Visit July 2012
Another visit on my own. Found lots of new places to visit and saw some changes too some more popular places.
Thirteenth Visit December 2012
A number of firsts. First visit to the Xmas markets, first break with snow from start to finish, first takeoff in the snow, first room upgrade with wine.
Fourteenth Visit March 2013
My tenth year of visiting Berlin, unfortunately the snow arrived again but I was not going to let that stop me with my list of goals.
Fifteenth Visit May 2013
What I call my end of the line trip
Sixteenth Visit November 2013
Ferries, Walks & Festivals
- Pros:A vibrant City
- Cons:The graffiti capital of the world
- In a nutshell:Turn your back and its changed - still true in 2013
This monument commemorates round up and the deportation of the Jews who lived in the area. The bronze sculpture was... more travel advice
If you start walking north along Schönhauser Allee from Senefelder Platz subway station there is an area of land running... more travel advice
- See All Buses from Tegel Airport
- See All Aircraft spotting
- See All Flea Markets
- See All The best Turkish Delight in the world
- Weather in December
alancollins' Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- "Berlin .... und das ist gut so!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 243 Reviews
- 1,108 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
Photos in BerlinSee All Photos (1108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 243 reviews, 1113 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 48 reviews, 251 photos, 7 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam Intro, 38 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 206 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lodz Intro, 31 reviews, 185 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 18 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weimar Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 33 reviews, 108 photos, 7 travelogues