"Guadalajara, Guadalajara!!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara by anagrettel
Guadalajara Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 460 photos
Guadalajara, Called often the pearl of the west, it's a big and amazing city with a beautiful and interesting contrast of historic and modern. I see it as the perfect destination for tourist that are looking to visit a very Mexican city, a festive and traditional city that have all the luxuries and size of the big cities, without loosing the traditional Mexican touch.
Guadalajara is the second biggest city in Mexico, with a population over 3 million. Guadalajara dates to the 16th century, the México's colonial, and that's the evident beauty of the city. A city Famous for being the birthplace of the most famous Mariachis, you’ll also found some of the best handmade items, and festivals. The town of Tequila is minutes away, and it's a must visit place when visiting Guadalajara, to taste and learn about the world recognize Mexican drink "Tequila".
One of the best artistic treasures in Guadalajara are the José Clemente Orozco's finest frescos; painted in 1938-39, the most famous is probably “The Man in Flames” ("Hombre de Fuego"), there’s more around de city to find, and one as amazingly beautiful as the other.
A place Full of Magic places like the historic city centre, the catholic catedral and churches are nice to visit even for non catholics, the haciendas and small towns near to the city (Tequila, Tapalpa, teuchitlan, etc..)
- Pros:Mix of Modern & historic
Guachimontones is an archeological site located in the town of Techitlan, jalisco around 50min. driving distance in from... more travel advice
Behind the Teatro Degollado and on a side of the Plaza de los Fundadores (Founders' Plaza) , you will found the statue... more travel advice
anagrettel's Related Pages
Guadalajara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guadalajara, Guadalajara!!!!!"
- "Mi Casa Mexicana"
- "Five Months in Guadalajara"
- "Guadalajara Guadalajara!!!!!"
- "La perla tapatia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guadalajara
- Hotels in Guadalajara
- Transportation in Guadalajara
- Nightlife in Guadalajara
- Restaurants in Guadalajara
- Shopping in Guadalajara
- Warnings and Dangers in Guadalajara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guadalajara
- 18 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Guadalajara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guadalajara
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tonala, Stores and Tianguis"
- updated a Guadalajara Travel Page "Guadalajara, Guadalajara!!!!!"
- Wrote a Review The archaeological site of Guachimontones in Guadalajara Off The Beaten Path
- Posted in Travel Mexico City Forum "Hotel, San Angel area"
- Commented on one of SerSol's Guadalajara travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 52 reviews, 147 photos
- San Diego Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga Intro, 14 photos