"Amazing Mexican City!" Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro by anagrettel
Querétaro Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 215 photos
Queretaro City is characterized for its colonial architecture and its beauty.
This city wasn't in my list of places to visit, but when I visited for the first time, I was amazed with the beauty places I found and i fall in love. Is a "must visit" place if you are around the area, take a day or two and discover Queretaro. Is worth it, is just 2hr away from México city.
The Aqueduct with 74 arches is Symbol that identifies the city of Querétaro.
It was begun in 1726 and concluded in 1735 in order to supply drinking water to the city from the springs of the Cañada. This work was achieved thanks to the generosity of Sir Juan Antonio de Urrutia y Arana, Marquis of the Villa del Villar del Aguila. It is composed of 74 arches of quarry that reach a maximum height of 23 meters and a length of 1280 meters.
If you haven't fall in love with the parks, streets and Churches in the historic centre, you'll definitely fall in love when visiting "La Casa de la Marquesa" is not only a historic place, but also a piece of art!
- Pros:Beautiful colonial arquitecture
This was the first religious building in Queretaro in 1540. THe temple was the city cathedral from 1865- 1922. Today is... more travel advice
tepoznieves (The best Ice Cream) When walking around the historic center of Queretaro and if the weather is as hot... more travel advice
anagrettel's Related Pages
Querétaro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queretaro es Mejor"
- "Amazing Mexican City!"
- "The City - Queretaro"
- "Idiosyncratic Querétaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Querétaro
- Hotels in Querétaro
- Transportation in Querétaro
- Nightlife in Querétaro
- Restaurants in Querétaro
- Shopping in Querétaro
- Warnings and Dangers in Querétaro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Querétaro
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Querétaro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Querétaro
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 52 reviews, 147 photos
- San Diego Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga Intro, 14 photos