"The small town with a great treasure!!" Teuchitlán by anagrettel
Teuchitlán Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 47 photos
A small town with natural beautiful surroundings. Next to the town you can find a small lake with nice restaurants, and the hidden treasure of Jalisco: the archaeological site of Guachimontones...
Guachimontones is an archeological site located outside Guadalajara, at around 45minutes driving distance in Teuchitlan, Jalisco. The archaeological site of Guachimontones (also known as Huachimontones) it's a site that is still being explored, and it has been added to the UNESCO World Heritage List.
These circular structures arrangements are unique to world architecture. The site includes the second-largest Meso-american ball court ever discovered,and it is surrounded by innumerable dwelling platforms.
- Pros:Great surroundings, unique arqueological site, and free$
- Cons:not easy access without car, not good roads, awful public bathrooms!!!
- In a nutshell:The small town with a great treasure!!
anagrettel's Related Pages
Teuchitlán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EL BELLISIMO LUGAR DE GUACHIMONTONES"
- "MAP OF PYRAMIDS, GUACHIMONTONES- TEUCHITLAN"
- "Teuchitlan, Guachimontones and a round pyramid"
- "The small town with a great treasure!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teuchitlán
- Hotels in Teuchitlán
- Transportation in Teuchitlán
- Restaurants in Teuchitlán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Teuchitlán
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Teuchitlán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teuchitlán
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 52 reviews, 147 photos
- San Diego Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga Intro, 14 photos