"CUMBRIA - THE LAKE DISTRICT" Top 5 Page for this destination Keswick by tkdqueen

Keswick Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 329 photos

Cumbria - undiscovered (by me at least!)

Oh my God!!!
Amanda (see homepage) and I were discussing how one always takes the place they live in for granted....so we made a decision to try and see new places.
So we went to Cumbria for a day which is way too short but its easier cos of my shift work.

Quaint little villages, footpaths etc.
But it's the scenery and the walks!!!!
Just look at the pictures!!!!

There is so much to see and do in Cumbria that you will find there just aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week. You can potter around charming Lakeland towns and villages, explore the history of the area at its castles and historical houses, enjoy the great variety of attractions or have some family fun at the many events taking place all year round. Whatever the weather, there is something for everyone.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery - Great lakes and mountains
  • Cons:LOTS of walking (but thats the point! The fresh air really gets to your head!)
  • In a nutshell:Just a heavenly place
  • Last visit to Keswick: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Such beautiful photos! Must see the place one day. Happy Birthday from Finland!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 2:54 AM

You're excused, but please pull up and take care next time, you have an eye for it.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 11:52 AM

What incredible pictures -- I usually go North to Scotland or West to Ireland -- should try to visit Cumbria en route!

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2004 at 2:03 AM

I totally agree with your comment about taking the place you live in for granted -- I was the same until recently -- I feel like I'm making up for lost time now. Very nice photos of a beautiful part of England.

• Tolik's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2004 at 5:12 PM

Beautiful pictures!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2004 at 4:57 PM

Wonderful photos with an incredible blue sky ....unfortunately I missed this beautiful part of England up to now ... :o)

tkdqueen

“Don't count the days - make the days count.”

Badges & Stats in Keswick

Have you been to Keswick?

Latest Activity in Keswick