"WESTERN AUSTRALIA" Perth by tkdqueen
Perth Travel Guide: 2,350 reviews and 5,162 photos
Offset by the vast tranquil waters of the Swan River, the beautiful city of Perth is a tourist's delight. Modern and vibrant, it contrasts with its historic counterpart - the port city of Fremantle accessible within 20 minutes by car from Perth.
Tourists commonly refer to Perth as the "friendly city", and famous notables have also renamed the city after their personal experiences. Astronaut John Glenn called Perth the "City of Lights" after his historic fly-over in 1962 and victorious America's Cup skipper Dennis Connor referred to it as the "most isolated city in the world".
Most paint Perth as bright, fun, friendly and "laid back" (relaxing) but visitors to the city can be sure to find their own descriptions after their holiday.Whet your appetite with a day on the Swan River, a picnic to the Darling Ranges, a visit to a vineyard or a stroll around Perth or Fremantle. From outdoors to indoors, a fabulous range of city and suburban shops will satisfy even the most particular tourist. Everything from traditional Australian gifts and garments, opals, Kalgoorlie gold and precious diamonds to succulent local seafood, tender red meat and fresh fruit and vegetables.
Wriiten by....well - not me but I agree!!!!
- Pros:Beautiful, loads of beaches, Lots to see and do
- Cons:Racial prejudice (not everyone-but was common enough for me to notice)
- In a nutshell:You have to go for the experience of Australia - everythings different .... flowers, trees, animals. It's great!!!!
They look soooo cute but look at the size of the claws (to hold on to the eucalyptus -spell check- trees!!!!) more travel advice
Endless beaches coastline.....City Beach - Floriat Beach - Cottesloe Beach ---- all along the coast!!!! Just enjoy but... more travel advice
tkdqueen's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "MY TIME IN PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth, Australia - My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keswick Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Cairo Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Kalkan Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 photos