"Gateway Arch to the West" Saint Louis by cuicui

Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,123 reviews and 1,960 photos

Cabin Resort

This is my mastershot during the St. Louis stay. I was attending an intensive leadership training course for international students led and fully funded by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (headquarters in St. Louis, called the 'Purple Palace'). Most of the time we were staying at a cabin resort secluded in the mountains. But we did travel to the city. And you'll see even the resort itself is a lot of nature and interpersonal fun.

I got pretty wet, but I really enjoyed it, and it is not scary at all. At least the life guards were watching us closely.

I was getting a 'free' ride with two Sudanese young men, both 'officially' born on Jan. 1, because when they were brought to the U. S. from their country which was drenched in a bloody civil war the American immigration officers had to enter a birthday on their documents (and I think it's the easiest and luckiest birthday). They also only roughly know how old they are, and have very vague memories of their parents. They were being schooled in the U. S. and were also working.

• Last visit to Saint Louis: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 12, 2004

Comments

cuicui

“see God's creation”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Saint Louis

Have you been to Saint Louis?

Latest Activity in Saint Louis