"Gateway Arch to the West" Saint Louis by cuicui
Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,123 reviews and 1,960 photos
This is my mastershot during the St. Louis stay. I was attending an intensive leadership training course for international students led and fully funded by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (headquarters in St. Louis, called the 'Purple Palace'). Most of the time we were staying at a cabin resort secluded in the mountains. But we did travel to the city. And you'll see even the resort itself is a lot of nature and interpersonal fun.
I got pretty wet, but I really enjoyed it, and it is not scary at all. At least the life guards were watching us closely.
I was getting a 'free' ride with two Sudanese young men, both 'officially' born on Jan. 1, because when they were brought to the U. S. from their country which was drenched in a bloody civil war the American immigration officers had to enter a birthday on their documents (and I think it's the easiest and luckiest birthday). They also only roughly know how old they are, and have very vague memories of their parents. They were being schooled in the U. S. and were also working.
Our instructors' cabin. The students' cabin (one which has two rooms hosted about 20 of us) has bunk beds, but pretty... more travel advice
cuicui's Related Pages
Saint Louis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!"
- "The Symbols of the City"
- ""Meet Me In St. Louis" is Not Just a Song Title"
- "Saint Louis"
- "My Home Town"
- "The Gateway to East Central Missouri"
- "St. Louiis - Gateway to the Wild Wild West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Louis
- Hotels in Saint Louis
- Transportation in Saint Louis
- Nightlife in Saint Louis
- Restaurants in Saint Louis
- Shopping in Saint Louis
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Louis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Louis
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Saint Louis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Louis
Top 5 Pages
- Evanston Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Harbin Intro, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake Geneva Intro, 1 review, 4 photos