"-------------------Paz Y Amor---------------------" Jozzzef's Profile

Hi guys!

Just like all of you I love travelling, I would do it forever if I had the money! But I guess preparing and discussung is half the fun. We talk about our next trip for months and we talk about our last trip for months. Our last trip was to Iceland. We had an awsome time in this wonderfull wonderfull country. A modern culture where spectacular nature is everywhere and without any bugs and chilly. Can't get any better for me! Ever been to a place where the earth felt warm? (ok you probably have since you are surfing VT... ) So I guess I really recommend Iceland :-)

My ultimate trip...

My ultimate trip would start in St Petersburg where I would board the Tran Siberian express. We would visit Moscow, Ulaanbataar,... along the way before arriving in Beijing. Then we visit China , Also by train before travelling on to Hong Kong. Then I 'll contiinue to visit Vietnam and then Thailand. Some day....

My best pages (in my own opinion :-)

1. Read my travelogue about how my trip to Spain went wrong in every way imaginable but was still a great trip.
2. Read my travelogue all about cruising through the United States by bus.

First writings

Hello everybody, this pages served me well when i was preparing for my trip to the east coast of the US so I am hoping I can do something back for other users. Sorry I haven't put my picture up yet but the default guy is better looking anyway :-) I live in the beautifull historic city of Leuven, Belgium. It is well worth a visit with many historic building and the Stella Artois brewery. Feel free to ask questions!

Some things about Belgium

1. We have the best beer
2. We have the best chocolate
3. I have this from a travel guide my friend bought in Chili and it is so true: you can never ever offend a Belgian by saying something bad about their country. It is something of a local custom. However, this is only superficial as belgians are the least likely to emigrate and only very reluctantly adapt to a new country when we do.
4.Politicians are always making a mess of things.
5. although we are only a small country we have six goverments! (really really long story that winds down to the north speaking dutch and the south speaking french)
6. We have no starbucks or burger king outlets. None. Not even one. Update: apparently we have two burger king outlets! but they are inside american bases so unaccesable for me :'-(
7. WE invented french fries and demand that you start calling they belgian fries from now on!
8. Belgians are know to be very welcoming people, especially since most of us speak more then one language. English people sometimes try really hard to speak german to us for some reason... most of us don't understand it, we understand english just like the rest of the world.
9. At night you can see Belgium all lit up from outer space. We are one of the only countries in the world that have lights along our highways all night. This "light polution" makes it difficult to see many stars at night though. We have an annual night of the darkness when lights are put out at night. (thx to Icebear7 for the suggestion)

Yep we're a weird bunch!

My girlfriend's and my travel wish list

1. Canada -- Will it finally happen in 2005?
2. New Zealand (delayed, too expensive)
3. Mongolia
4. Chili (number 4 and! climbing)
5. Costa Rica (number 5 and climbing!)
6. Thailand
7. Bhutan

I must remeber to win the lottery next week...

The way we travel

Compared to the average person we spend a lot on our travelling but compared to other travellers we don't. We like to go far away but when we are there we travel on a budget. Keep this in mind when you are reading my travel pages but I think they can be very usefull for other backpackers.

Some things about me 'Amelie Poulain'-style

1. I like beachcombing
2. I like staring at Calder's mobiles
3. I hate selery
4. I hate waiting in lines
5. I like the way my sound system makes my room tremble
6. I like messing about in the kitchen, much to my girlfriends despair when she sees the kitchen after I am done. The food i produce makes up a little bit though. You can find some recepies on my pages.
7. I like reading and re-reading books by J.D. Salinger, Douglas Coupland and Jeanette Winterson
8. I like opening a cold can of pepsi

• Intro Updated Feb 14, 2005

• IceBear7's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 6:05 AM

hey, where have you disappeared to again? helloooooo?

• aloha088's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 2:09 PM

hi there, are you shure that you have the best chocolatte??? cool page, greets form Switzerland with the best chocolatte :-) Jacqueline

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 6:34 AM

Happy B Day !!!....Wishing you Joy, wrapped up in Love and filled with Laughter. ^ __ ^ Greetings from Bangkok,Thailand.

• Jan 21, 2005 at 11:48 PM

happy birthday tooooo youuuuuu, happy birthday tooooo youuuuuu, happy birthdayyyy, deeeee-eeear Jozzzzz-zzzzzzzzzef, Happy Biiiiiiiirthdayyyy toooooo youuuuuuuuuu. Hope it's a good one :)

• thinking's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 2:59 PM

I enjoyed reading your pages. I really loved Iceland, and I know the two of you will also.

• Joan40's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2004 at 2:15 PM

I have to admit, the first time I went to Belgium I tried speaking French (which isn’t that good) now I speak English. And I agree your chocolate mmmmmmmmmm :-)

• Narviking's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 1:00 PM

Have a nice trip to Iceland. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did when I was down there some years ago. Greetings from Norway !

• May 20, 2004 at 6:41 AM

Hi J! What's with the PACE flag?? I see it everywhere I go... even here on VT.. hahaha

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2004 at 2:32 PM

thanks for stopping by.......The picture is made in austria at the national park nockberge (karinthie). See also my travel-tip from austria. Greetings Karin!!! Have a nice weekend.

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 11:49 AM

sooooo true :-) probably still incomplete the list, but soooo true ! very intersting about the hostel, it is available when it is Marktrock too? probably if you take early reservation `-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Jozzzef's Profile Photo

Jozzzef

“"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Sir Peter Ustinov”

Location