"-------------------Paz Y Amor---------------------" Jozzzef's Profile
Just like all of you I love travelling, I would do it forever if I had the money! But I guess preparing and discussung is half the fun. We talk about our next trip for months and we talk about our last trip for months. Our last trip was to Iceland. We had an awsome time in this wonderfull wonderfull country. A modern culture where spectacular nature is everywhere and without any bugs and chilly. Can't get any better for me! Ever been to a place where the earth felt warm? (ok you probably have since you are surfing VT... ) So I guess I really recommend Iceland :-)
My ultimate trip would start in St Petersburg where I would board the Tran Siberian express. We would visit Moscow, Ulaanbataar,... along the way before arriving in Beijing. Then we visit China , Also by train before travelling on to Hong Kong. Then I 'll contiinue to visit Vietnam and then Thailand. Some day....
Hello everybody, this pages served me well when i was preparing for my trip to the east coast of the US so I am hoping I can do something back for other users. Sorry I haven't put my picture up yet but the default guy is better looking anyway :-) I live in the beautifull historic city of Leuven, Belgium. It is well worth a visit with many historic building and the Stella Artois brewery. Feel free to ask questions!
1. We have the best beer
2. We have the best chocolate
3. I have this from a travel guide my friend bought in Chili and it is so true: you can never ever offend a Belgian by saying something bad about their country. It is something of a local custom. However, this is only superficial as belgians are the least likely to emigrate and only very reluctantly adapt to a new country when we do.
4.Politicians are always making a mess of things.
5. although we are only a small country we have six goverments! (really really long story that winds down to the north speaking dutch and the south speaking french)
6. We have no starbucks or burger king outlets. None. Not even one. Update: apparently we have two burger king outlets! but they are inside american bases so unaccesable for me :'-(
7. WE invented french fries and demand that you start calling they belgian fries from now on!
8. Belgians are know to be very welcoming people, especially since most of us speak more then one language. English people sometimes try really hard to speak german to us for some reason... most of us don't understand it, we understand english just like the rest of the world.
9. At night you can see Belgium all lit up from outer space. We are one of the only countries in the world that have lights along our highways all night. This "light polution" makes it difficult to see many stars at night though. We have an annual night of the darkness when lights are put out at night. (thx to Icebear7 for the suggestion)
Yep we're a weird bunch!
1. Canada -- Will it finally happen in 2005?
2. New Zealand (delayed, too expensive)
4. Chili (number 4 and! climbing)
5. Costa Rica (number 5 and climbing!)
I must remeber to win the lottery next week...
Compared to the average person we spend a lot on our travelling but compared to other travellers we don't. We like to go far away but when we are there we travel on a budget. Keep this in mind when you are reading my travel pages but I think they can be very usefull for other backpackers.
1. I like beachcombing
2. I like staring at Calder's mobiles
3. I hate selery
4. I hate waiting in lines
5. I like the way my sound system makes my room tremble
6. I like messing about in the kitchen, much to my girlfriends despair when she sees the kitchen after I am done. The food i produce makes up a little bit though. You can find some recepies on my pages.
7. I like reading and re-reading books by J.D. Salinger, Douglas Coupland and Jeanette Winterson
8. I like opening a cold can of pepsi
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 64 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Jozzzef and IceBear7 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Catalunya Forum "Hike Catalunya"
- Commented on IceBear7's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful Iceland"
- updated a Iceland Travel Page "Beautiful Iceland"
updated their Profile Page "-------------------Paz Y Amor---------------------"
- Wrote a Review pack for extremes when going in the summer in Iceland What to Pack
Top 10 Pages
- Leuven Intro, 15 reviews
- Boston Intro, 12 reviews
- Iceland Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews
- Washington D.C. Intro, 5 reviews
- Philadelphia Intro, 4 reviews
- Bar Harbor Intro, 4 reviews
- United States of America 3 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Stykkishólmur 2 reviews, 1 photo